IGNORED

Be Up A Hello [2020]

Consul

28 minutes ago, MisterE said:

ah nice. didn't notice that.  thanks for the heads up. not sure i'll get it but maybe

edit- actually from bleep the shipping is like 13 so it ends up being the same as if i buy the single separate at amazon for 15 so im prob gonna pass on that

I ordered from squarepusher.net (don't think bleep has the bundle or they didn't when it was released this morning).  Shipping was $8.80ish to the US. The vinyl is also cheaper on sp.net vs the bleep price. (the cd is the opposite though for some reason)

edit- I see bleep has the bundle now, too.  It's still cheaper at sp.net, I'm guessing bleep is charging for separate shipping (one from US, one from UK) so it's doubling it. I think if you order from sp's site you will get bonus tracks added to your account too, so definitely buy it from there.

Edited by andrd

^ yes the bonus tracks, that's a hooj selling point on getting them from sp.net

If we even get a few outtakes or alternate tracks for free, totally worth it (for me at least!)

Edited by StephenG

my main problem with damogen was that even unlike ufabulum (which it was definitely a progression of), it seemed to lack dynamics, in both composition and intensity. the tracks just seemed like a constant assault of LOUD stuff happening (long intense  jams), usually without buildups or progressions. been a while since i've listened tho

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Solo Strike said:

Fracture RMX has to just be a fancy name, don't think it's by Fracture... bit confusing

You're right actually, I didn't realize it but the YouTube description says "Squarepusher’s own 'Fracture' remix".

Hopefully the rest of the album is mastered similarly. I don't care too much about compression but there are parts of ufab and especially damogen that caused uber ear fatigue really quick, I'm not hearing that with Vortrak and the remix. 

And was there any imaging really in ufababoon and damogen? Or was that all lost in how loud it was? I'm hearing all kinds of things flitting all over in Vortrak by comparison.