IGNORED

Be Up A Hello [2020]

Consul

Ehm.... you leave this thread. start at his first squarepusher album on Rephlex and work your way up in proper order.

only then you're allowed to enter this thread again.

blasphemer

@squidward

Edited by goDel
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, President Squidward said:

Got Feed Me Weird Things done a while back. ‘‘Twas iconic so the next few releases are even more legendary. Time to begin my Squarepusher journey tonight :emotawesomepm9:

start ere

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Premature ejaculation.
Will play Windscale 2 and the Tundras on loop until release. And Steinbolt. And my TV will only show the Selector. YES. Proper []pusher style. Must admit I did not even completely listen to his recent Damogen etc. output.

My favourite hello this year.

Edited by Guest

19 hours ago, neurp said:

Shame its a single LP surely the sound will suffer with 9 tracks on 1 disc.

Just don't use outdated tech like them vinzyl-

Im actually not turned off by any of Damogen Furies. I thought it was built to feel overwhelming? Kwang Bass is one of his best, even amongst my other faves from Feed Me, Budakhan, Do You Know, and Go Plastic

1 hour ago, xxx said:

Denver 04/19. Gonna find Fred McGriff n' rave it up. 

+1

• Like 1

Please let track 17 be on this album!!!!!

Squarepusher @ Glade Glastonbury 2019

**unheard
*unreleased

1.  00:00 - 7:45      ** Acidy, synth melody, synth stabs
2.  07:45 - 13:11     ** Drumbreaks, phat stabs, acid to banging madness
3.  13:11 - 15:40     *  Old unreleased (Electric Ballroom 06)
4.  15:40 - 18:40     ** Acidy breakbeat with long synths    
5.  18:40 - 20:40        Vic Acid EP  - The Barn (303 Kebab Mix)
6.  20:40 - 22:50     ** Acid techno banger
7.  22:50 - 26:32      * Warp20 track acid and melodic
8.  26:40 - 29:30      * Warp20/Rome03 banger track
9.  29:30 - 32:29      * Warp20 track phat acid stabs
10. 32:35 - 33:16     ** Acid jam 
11. 32:16 - 39:30      * NTS track 1: phat n bassy fast breakbeats, rising synths
12. 39:41 - 43:05      * Old unreleased (Electric Ballroom 06)
13. 43:05 - 46:00     ** Fast acid techno background synth melody
14. 46:41 - 48:05      * Old unreleased (Electric Ballroom 06) - cheezy stabs
15. 48:05 - 51:00      * Old unreleased (2004 tour) - acid chirps
16. 51:00 - 54:10        Feed Me Weird Things LP - Dimotane Co - fast version
17. 54:26 - 57:06      * Not sure where played before but familiar -  punchy dark synth breakbeat banger
18. 57:06 - 1:00:33   ** Dirty phat breakbeat banger mixed into netx track
19. 1:00:33 - 1:04:08    Burningn'n Tree LP  -  Eviscerate
20. 1:04:08 - 1:05:50 ** Acid breakbeats with stabs
21. 1:05:50 - 1:10:10 ** Burningn'n Tree LP  -   Male Pill pt 5  -  fast version
22. 1:10:10 - 1:11:30 ** Acid techno plinky plonky
23. 1:11:30 - 1:15:25    Feed Me Weird Things LP - North Circular
24. 1:15:25 - 1:18:55    as Chaos AD - Buzz Caner LP - Mess Head
25. 1:18:55 - 1:24:07  * NTS track 10: Dirty junglist track w/, acid stabs, haunted synth
25. 1:24:07 - 1:28:43    NTS track 11: Dancefloor killer - Vortack(Fracture remix)
26: 1:28:43 - 1:33:11  * NTS track 8: Venus-17 style junglist track   

Edited by phudoshin

I gotta raise at this point "plug me in" this is the sexiest song ever about a drum machine ever. I mean come on, what is wrong with you all, are you dead in side?

Edited by donquixote
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, neurp said:

Shame its a single LP surely the sound will suffer with 9 tracks on 1 disc.

Some guy on r/aphextwin said it's a 4×12'', but I don't know where he got that info and cba to make an account so I can ask.

But yeah, you would assume that squarepusher.net has the right info.

38 minutes ago, IDEM said:

Some guy on r/aphextwin said it's a 4×12'', but I don't know where he got that info and cba to make an account so I can ask.

Yeah fuck single vinyl dance lps sorry. Being buying the wav, shame that is. 

2 hours ago, IDEM said:

They are not going to release 9 tracks over four slabs of vinyl - that's insane.

21 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

They are not going to release 9 tracks over four slabs of vinyl - that's insane.

yes that would be the other extreme. 

I cant quite remember the cut off but its something like 12 mins is lush, 20 minutes is ok (per side).... if someone can remember the exact figures itd be good. 

here we go actually:

https://standardvinyl.com/vinyl-pressing/12-inch-records/

"When cut at 33 rpm the records hold about 22 minutes of music per side. Pretty much every record you’d see in a store is a 33 rpm 12 inch record. In some instances they’re cut at 45 rpm and only hold about 15 minutes per side. We press our record orders in standard black but we can also manufacture coloured 12 inch vinyl."

/...so actually scrap my earlier comment. probs will get the vinyl as its quite a short album. 

(if i remember correctly though there are cutoffs within the above thresholds where sound cam improve or degrade though...itd be good to get someone who really knows what they are talking about though)

Edited by donquixote

3 hours ago, BoomTssPhace said:

Kwang Bass is one of his best, even amongst my other faves from Feed Me, Budakhan, Do You Know, and Go Plastic

That's my fav off damaged furries too! Great track.

Btw - anyone planning on going to the Portland show? I think me and the missus are going to fly down April 23-25th. Would be cool to have a watmm meetup. ;o

Edited by StephenG

9 minutes ago, donquixote said:

/...so actually scrap my earlier comment. probs will get the vinyl as its quite a short album. 

(if i remember correctly though there are cutoffs within the above thresholds where sound cam improve or degrade though...itd be good to get someone who really knows what they are talking about though)

i brought this up in another thread, that i have miles records with 35min tracks on a side that sound amazing, and also have some 'dance cut' 12s with a single track that sound like shit.

so IMO the losses that come from squeezing more grooves into the side of vinyl is of lesser importance than the general mastering and pressing quality.  someone feel free to argue with me there tho

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, markedone said:

i brought this up in another thread, that i have miles records with 35min tracks on a side that sound amazing, and also have some 'dance cut' 12s with a single track that sound like shit.

so IMO the losses that come from squeezing more grooves into the side of vinyl is of lesser importance than the general mastering and pressing quality.  someone feel free to argue with me there tho

I've Defo got loads of shit sounding 1 or 2 track 45s from the 90s. Not so sure I got any great sounding, non skipping 33s that are jammed in tho.  

Edit: so yeah totally agree it's only part of the equation.

Edited by donquixote

3 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Yeah, I don't believe it either, just playin' the stalwart reporter here.