Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
donquixote

Squarepusher RoundHouse London 15/5/20

Recommended Posts

Tickets on sale now with roundhouse membership. 

 

https://www.roundhouse.org.uk/

 

Missis has ok'ed it even though its her birthday. she's a love i tell ya. 

...got mine (and my loves)

Edited by donquixote
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this is lonely....

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should’ve gone to Amsterdam instead.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hail Satan!! (just procured my ticket) 

Hopefully it will be savage.

Made me think and laugh. Last time I saw Squarepusher I was munted on proper drugs, first course a few fat lines of coke (even did one on the handrail in the main foyer of the theatre, fuck yeah! Legend) then a second course of mdma. I was actually so fucked up by the time I got out I gurned at the tube map for half an hour to work out what the fuck was going on. I remember getting tangled up in those 3 pronged revolving gates at the station. Some geezer had to help me out.

Nowadays I just prefer a few glasses of beer and a glass of red wine. Monk style.

 

 

Edited by beer badger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, beer badger said:

Hail Satan!! (just procured my ticket) 

Hopefully it will be savage.

Made me think and laugh. Last time I saw Squarepusher I was munted on proper drugs, first course a few fat lines of coke (even did one on the handrail in the main foyer of the theatre, fuck yeah! Legend) then a second course of mdma. I was actually so fucked up by the time I got out I gurned at the tube map for half an hour to work out what the fuck was going on. I remember getting tangled up in those 3 pronged revolving gates at the station. Some geezer had to help me out.

Nowadays I just prefer a few glasses of beer and a glass of red wine. Monk style.

 

 

Yes beer badger! Glad youre on board! I think I'll be purely pissed at this too. I've got right back in to psychedelics in recent years (as all the above leaves me feeling broken and guilty these days) but my missis will kick my ass if I take her to a squarepusher gig on her birthday and then get myself into a state where I can see x-rays, radiation and other shit she can't and would never want to. Problem with booze is maintaining a healthy level of pissed and still remembering it in the morning though. 

Edited by donquixote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can drink all day and all night. Three tokes on a biffter and I’m jelly.

Truth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember my first drugs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beer badger said:

I can drink all day and all night. Three tokes on a biffter and I’m jelly.

Truth.

Get some hash bruv. The kids are doing it all wrong. Hash is still enjoyable..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

got my tix ill see u there cant wait to have a rager pack ur party bags coz its gunna be a large one ppl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.

Edited by thumbass
Drunk post 32

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ticket bagged! Curious who the support will be for this...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess it's possible, seems slightly improbable though. However, I could totally dig a double Jenkinson line up. Think I read somewhere that a radio host was gushing over the support slot, saying it was someone special, hence the added interest. Obviously I'm mostly concerned with a wicked set from Tom but he's had some wicked support in the past... LFO, Luke Vibert etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, elcid4 said:

I guess it's possible, seems slightly improbable though. However, I could totally dig a double Jenkinson line up. Think I read somewhere that a radio host was gushing over the support slot, saying it was someone special, hence the added interest. Obviously I'm mostly concerned with a wicked set from Tom but he's had some wicked support in the past... LFO, Luke Vibert etc.

I believe Mary Anne hobbs said "very, very, very, very special guest". Which to me is aphex twin, however, as Mary is the most enthusiastic person in the world, potentially more enthusiastic than even boomkat, this could mean a drunk tramp, on spice playing a bin on the street outside. 

Edited by donquixote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha ha ha! She champions some great music but I find it very hard to listen to her do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2019 at 11:36 AM, donquixote said:

I believe Mary Anne hobbs said "very, very, very, very special guest". Which to me is aphex twin, however, as Mary is the most enthusiastic person in the world, potentially more enthusiastic than even boomkat, this could mean a drunk tramp, on spice playing a bin on the street outside. 

Yeah I can't listen to her. I have no doubt in real life she is lovely lady. But as soon as hear her voice BBC6 gets killed. She's not alone though, only Tom Ravenscroft doesn't annoy me out of all the prime time slot DJs

Edited by beer badger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, beer badger said:

Yeah I can't listen to her. I have no doubt in real life she is lovely lady. But as soon as hear her voice BBC6 gets killed. She's not alone though, only Tom Ravenscroft doesn't annoy me out of all the prime time slot DJ

I used to think Sunday was brilliant. Now I mostly like Guy which is a constant source of suprise and makes me feel dead old. Jarvis was good and they should get him back. That Scouse bloke from red dwarf on Saturday is the worst tho. I fucking hate him.

I don't get to listen in the week much, which is probably a good thing....I agree Rave-oh is good tho.

In a strange twist of fate I listened to the Lauren LaVern squarepusher interview yesterday. She proposes Tom J should have a show. Thatd be ace. 

 

 

Edited by donquixote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair to MAH shes introduced me to some wicked music over the years. Some things I can genuinely remember the moment I heard them they were that good. I just wish she was a bit more John peel and like "this is a bloke who's mic'd up his sax loads of times and it sounds mad" rather than a list of positive describing words longer than my arm that I would normally reserve for some sort of religious experience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, donquixote said:

rather than a list of positive describing words longer than my arm that I would normally reserve for some sort of religious experience. 

Ha ha! Dude you hit the nail on the head. That is exactly what it's like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, donquixote said:

She proposes Tom J should have a show. Thatd be ace. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pizza said:

 

Yeah like that but once a week. Plz Tom. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...