IGNORED

ARPIL 2020 USA TOUR!!!

pera

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

i'm just going to listen to the album from upstairs while playing it at full volume in my basement

maybe spill some beer on myself, burn my clothes with cigarettes and have some ppl over to talk loudly over the music

same experience as going to the show but vastly cheaper

20 hours ago, hapbt said:

i'm just going to listen to the album from upstairs while playing it at full volume in my basement

maybe spill some beer on myself, burn my clothes with cigarettes and have some ppl over to talk loudly over the music

same experience as going to the show but vastly cheaper

I would normally support this as I've gotten cynical on electronic live shows. Tom does deliver though. Blasting the album would capture about 60% of it--can't lie--but he does some pro mangling and dementia with a psychedelic bass freakout to boot. His tickets are reasonable too. Richard been on them Chad prices for sometime now. 

recordings are only able to capture so much, and a given system is likely to omit signifcant bass, etc. a good show should be like an alternate recording of the album that you hear better because the musicians prepared the system to sound as intended. when i saw SP in '13 the ufabulum stuff had never sounded better, just sound-wise. i was wondering if tom used higher sample rates and bit depths, live. some of the songs were stuck in my head for a week. every song was basically a remix, too, because they were so different. it was a good show.

On 1/3/2020 at 3:40 AM, xxx said:

I would normally support this as I've gotten cynical on electronic live shows. Tom does deliver though. Blasting the album would capture about 60% of it--can't lie--but he does some pro mangling and dementia with a psychedelic bass freakout to boot. His tickets are reasonable too. Richard been on them Chad prices for sometime now. 

Yeah his DFN set was pretty fucking great.

On 1/3/2020 at 9:34 AM, very honest said:

recordings are only able to capture so much, and a given system is likely to omit signifcant bass, etc. a good show should be like an alternate recording of the album that you hear better because the musicians prepared the system to sound as intended. when i saw SP in '13 the ufabulum stuff had never sounded better, just sound-wise. i was wondering if tom used higher sample rates and bit depths, live. some of the songs were stuck in my head for a week. every song was basically a remix, too, because they were so different. it was a good show.

i agree, ive never got any of the ufab/damogen era stuff to sound much good on my speakers or phones, but i remember particularly good sound at the ufabulum show.  i was also high tho so :emb:

Got Seattle tix! It’ll be my third time seeing him in town. Saw him in 2003 or 2004 with Luke Vibert opening with a 3 hour dj set at Chop Suey. Tom came on really late and played until like 2 in the morning. It’s was incredible. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've been trying to use every possible connection to open for him in SF. Definitely a long shot, but I'm trying.

At any rate, this will be a great show.

• 1 month later...

It seems Seattle is about to ban events of 250+ people due to the coronavirus outbreak :sad:

https://twitter.com/ByMikeBaker/status/1237584690279669763

18 minutes ago, DavieAddison said:

I wonder if the New York show will be cancelled. It’s pretty bad up there 

Yeah same, almost pulled the trigger on some tickets and an Airbnb earlier this week but now I'm holding off..

Archived