Jump to content

Beck asked RDJ to produce an album for him in 1998


Recommended Posts

Can anyone find that really old interview with beck where the interviewer asks what is real name is and he just takes off his shoe and throws it at the wall.

And the interview nods and goes "right on" or something like that

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Knew of the "Richard's Haircut" remix and all, but this tidbit was news to me: https://www.stereogum.com/2065648/beck-discusses-failing-to-get-aphex-twin-to-produce-him-in-the-90s-and-denying-dum

nobody ever mentions Mutations but that album really grew on me back when it came out. at first i was like wtf is this, but its actually really good. prob even deeper than odelay in the sense that its

Someone’s ears were ringing because of this thread... https://www.stereogum.com/2065897/beck-says-hes-not-a-scientologist/news/  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Amen Warrior said:

Can anyone find that really old interview with beck where the interviewer asks what is real name is and he just takes off his shoe and throws it at the wall.

And the interview nods and goes "right on" or something like that

I knew there were other genuine reasons to dislike him. Scientolotit and shoe thrower. 

Edited by donquixote
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, perunamuussi said:

 

 is this what TV really looked like in 1994 or is this a shit recording?

And what was the whole boot throwing thing supposed to be lol. yikes

 

Anyways sorry excuse my ignorance, but is any of his music worth checking out? Some of the discussion here has me intrigued. 

Edited by StephenG
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, StephenG said:

 is this what TV really looked like in 1994 or is this a shit recording?

And what was the whole boot throwing thing supposed to be lol. yikes

 

Anyways sorry excuse my ignorance, but is any of his music worth checking out? Some of the discussion here has me intrigued. 

That's actually a high definition capture of what 1994 really looked like.  I miss the soft static and noise that used to coat everything and everyone.  Felt pretty cool on our skins too.  

I think there's a good chance you will dislike Beck's music.  But skim out Odelay, Mutations, Midnight Vultures, and Sea Change to see if there is possibly a version of Beck you might like.  They are all quite different.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

That's actually a high definition capture of what 1994 really looked like.  I miss the soft static and noise that used to coat everything and everyone.  Felt pretty cool on our skins too.  

I think there's a good chance you will dislike Beck's music.  But skim out Odelay, Mutations, Midnight Vultures, and Sea Change to see if there is possibly a version of Beck you might like.  They are all quite different.

lol....

 

Thanks for the recommendations - 3 tracks into Mutations so far, quite liking it tbh. Some bossa nova stuff goin' on atm.

Edited by StephenG
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2019 at 1:10 PM, flim said:

It wasn't Drew Barrymore, it was Leigh Limon, his girlfriend for like 8 years or something. She was the one who inspired him to make Midnite Vultures, one of his WORST albums ever.

That's his best album tho

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Bubba69 said:

That's his best album tho

Glad you think so, but...... I don't.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha yeah it's weird seeing footage of bands you looked up to in your teen years being significantly younger than your current self.  Now everybody is babies except me.  I am old.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...