IGNORED

Loop Sketch from my New Album Sketchbook No.1

Smokin Speaks

i guess my biggest issue with untoward2 is the drums, but i'm prob a bit biased against those boxy, EDM style sounding drums and the beats are maybe a bit too simple for my taste... but the groove in monstar bomb is pretty nice and call to prayer gets pretty cool around 5 minutes in with those arps

the whole style youre building here with the big cinematic strings and pads is kinda weird (but that's good, better than being like everything else anyway), but interesting to me and i think if you keep refining it it could be special one day. i do feel some of the sounds are maybe a bit too emphasized in the mix, there's a lot of really hyped up super bright sounds going on (in most of these tracks) and it gets pretty chaotic sometimes. id like to see/hear more some lulls and buildups, just some more dynamic compositions i guess, with this stuff. dreagans bane is pretty chill mostly though, and nice

kind of reminds me of aphex's icbyd in terms of vibe i guess..

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/24/2019 at 11:27 PM, MisterE said:

i guess my biggest issue with untoward2 is the drums, but i'm prob a bit biased against those boxy, EDM style sounding drums and the beats are maybe a bit too simple for my taste... but the groove in monstar bomb is pretty nice and call to prayer gets pretty cool around 5 minutes in with those arps

the whole style youre building here with the big cinematic strings and pads is kinda weird (but that's good, better than being like everything else anyway), but interesting to me and i think if you keep refining it it could be special one day. i do feel some of the sounds are maybe a bit too emphasized in the mix, there's a lot of really hyped up super bright sounds going on (in most of these tracks) and it gets pretty chaotic sometimes. id like to see/hear more some lulls and buildups, just some more dynamic compositions i guess, with this stuff. dreagans bane is pretty chill mostly though, and nice

kind of reminds me of aphex's icbyd in terms of vibe i guess..

Hey man, Missed this. I appreciate the feedback.  You are right, my drums are the thing I don't pay too much attention to, to a fault, obv. 

Imma going to post the new work here, for the general thread.  Do not feel obligated to listen.  

Here is another tranche of tunes written from 11/22/2019 until now.  Burnt out and taking a break.  Highlights are probably Syrup and Any Love for the Invasion Force?

1. Indomitable American Spirit - Celebraton of C  -  This guy only has 6 notes, Key of C, missing b, which is nuts because that the leading tone, which I abuse.  But pretty much is always playing octave of Cs, 
2. Machinations - A revolt or reaction to the simply nature of the first tune. Harmony study. 
3. Syrup - 1st complete song with grandeur after playing with it the day before writing this.
4. un danza provacativo - Tried for a pop dance style tune.  It is the last viable song I wrote - quite a bit of tone modulation on instruments on this one.  another simple chord progression underpins. 
5. Mom and Dad's Song  -  I - V - vi - IV
6. Any Love for the Invasion Force? -  Eb Sus2 I think, similar to track one in that there is an Eb played most of the tune. In this one it is phased a bit and I started using some tone modulation after one of your emails spoke to such a thing. 
7. Frie Study - Minimalism - This actually might predate 11/22/2019, not sure when I wrote it. Think I might have found it and edited it in that time frame.

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Claudius t Ansuulim said:

ja deagin’s bane s’good, dug the choice of synthsounds.  Something about that sampled flyte...

The Flute is fire. That flute is in the edirol orch vst.  It is free.  Hit it up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived