IGNORED

[New BEHRINGER Products]

YEK

1 hour ago, IDEM said:

Well, I certainly wouldn't go as far as @numbers here, and I couldn't care less about Behringer and their cheap knock-off toys, but still ... the vilest, dirtiest, most abhorrent, most repulsing thing about all of this is people playing the "antisemitic" card, when in reality,

a) there's nothing about that video that an even remotely sane person would consider antisemitic (correct me if I'm wrong), and

b) they guy's not even jewish.

Well done, internet.

As usual, I blame RA.

I genuinely think you’re missing something here. 
The video uses tropes that instantly remind me of antisemitic propaganda. It probably wasn’t intended this way but it shows how incredibly tone deaf these people are.

As pointless as this may be; I’m a non practicing Jew and I get quite annoyed every time I read a news article where the CIDI (you’re Dutch right?) is invited to voice their butthurt knee jerk reaction to anything that could be even remotely interpreted as being antisemitic. Yet without reading anything but the first couple of comments in this thread this is the first place my mind went when I saw the video. 
I like to think I’m a proponent of plurality when it comes to opinions, especially when I disagree (else, why bother?) and it’s incredibly damaging to default to playing racist/sexist/elitist/etc cards for several reasons and I would never argue that using nazi propaganda tropes even remotely equals nazism, and there’s so many things wrong with politicising everything and reducing things to us v them but it does signify a tremendous amount of ignorance I think. There’s so many things and ways they could have made fun of Peter Kirn and this is what they invested their time and money in? It’s lazy, ignorant and then “their side” (fuck me for putting it this way) has the audacity to use terms like “echo chamber” when critiquing this pathetic attempt at discrediting someone who does nothing but do their best at creating actual worthwhile content and carefully voicing their opinion? Seems ironic and ignorant to me. 
Last thing; you summon RA as an argument. I didn’t read any RA article to come to these thoughts and even though I’m generally ok with RA they annoy me with their forced political correctness. So to me this argument of “RA at play” is another lazy trope that people can default to in this completely imaginary game of picking political sides and thinking they’re either fighting for their retarded SJW cause or their equally moronic freedom of speech causes. 

sorry if incoherent, stream of consciousness, self righteous post but you did say “correct me if I’m wrong”. I don’t think there’s anything to “correct” but there are many things to consider. 

Edited by user

Not Jewish though I am circumcised so I sort of am, but this ^ more or less.

Interesting blog post from Scanner.  

http://scannerdot.com/2020/03/playground-behaviour-in-the-cultural-industries/

Its the Caretaker in case anyone's wondering, always seemed a grade A twat.  Maybe we should we start a twats in the music industry thread, I've got a few names, although the Behringer thread seems quite apt. 

I’m not circumcised so between us we’d make a fine Jew. How large is your nose? 
Mine’s pathetic considering most schnozz standards. 

Spoilered because of excessive nonverbal diarrhoea and going too much off topic;

Spoiler

One of the things that caught my attention reading scanner’s post is the bit where he differentiates between making fun of someone within the confines of your home and publicly decimating someone you’ve never even met from a position of power. To me this is essential. I can share stupid sexist and racist jokes at the expense of friends (and ok, I admit, strangers) because there’s a shared understanding and trust that we do our best to assess people and situations based on their actions and merit and these jokes are an outlet that ridicule the situation and person making the joke as much as the recipient. This nuance is understandably entirely lost when entering this composed stage where ideas and opinions are reduced to picking the right side and people’s (actual, as in not what they choose to show) personalities tend to be meaningless because they won’t show any vulnerability. 

Slightly more to the point: 
It’s commendable that you are willing to name names imho. Because in a case like this the kind of bullshit that the caretaker seems to be pulling should be outed. At the same time I feel that being a dick/cunt/twat/bellend should never prevent someone from making and sharing whatever they concocted. I guess the line should be somewhat drawn at the point where they try to prevent others from doing the same. 

Another spoiler because of non essential wanking; 

Spoiler

Edited by user

2 hours ago, kakapo said:

Its the Caretaker in case anyone's wondering, always seemed a grade A twat.  Maybe we should we start a twats in the music industry thread, I've got a few names, although the Behringer thread seems quite apt. 

Anyone who met James back in the V/VM days will have heard his hilarious and yet very angry and embittered rants about anyone you can think of involved in the electronic music scene. I wasn't aware he was emailing this stuff to Scanner and god knows who else, but I'm not surprised. 

23 minutes ago, Enthusiast said:
2 hours ago, kakapo said:

Anyone who met James back in the V/VM days will have heard his hilarious and yet very angry and embittered rants about anyone you can think of involved in the electronic music scene. I wasn't aware he was emailing this stuff to Scanner and god knows who else, but I'm not surprised. 

he posts here now and again (edit: under @vvmtest), would be curious to know what he has to say nowadays...

Edited by MIXL2

17 hours ago, 714681746476436 said:

Lol, you guys people are the biggest bunch of Mobys I’ve ever met ??

That's the last straw!

Edited by yekker

19 hours ago, d-a-m-o said:

lol

500AFD07-D969-4BD3-804B-6CE3283C2B33.jpeg

Came here to post that haha.

You got it first but at least I could enjoy a lovely gOd bLeSS tRumP moment

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, kakapo said:

Conversely I met him at his Barbican performance a couple of years back and he seemed absolutely lovely. I happened to be sitting next to a guy who has been close to him for years so he introduced me to joined them (him, Ivan Sean and bizarrely Weirdcore)  backstage (well side of stage) afterwards and he was sharing lots of great stories and came across really well. Obviously I can't speak of his 90s character but nowadays aye, proper friendly cheeky Mancunian.

Yeah I remember from the IDM list days he was always ranting about something or other, it was pretty indiscriminate. Always seemed angry at other people getting successful - I reckon him calming down a bit probably coincided with the time he actually started making decent music.

Still, reckon he owes Scanner a bit of an apology after reading that blog post.

While I have no trouble believing that some musician is a cunt (I have a few asshole-in-the-industry experiences of my own), may I caution people against uncritically believing accusations without hearing the other person's side of the story?

• Like 1

Anyone else get a bit of a weird vibe from the whole post - The jumping around from him not getting a soundtrack commission to the #metoo movement to the history of him with Mr. Kirby seemed quite strange. Thrash (ex-The Orb) seems to have a past with Robin too (no idea what the story behind this one. Though a reminder of Kris's history: https://web.archive.org/web/20140626033214/https://krisweston.com/index.php/rant/ ) :

14 hours ago, user said:

I’m not circumcised so between us we’d make a fine Jew. How large is your nose? 
Mine’s pathetic considering most schnozz standards. 

Spoilered because of excessive nonverbal diarrhoea and going too much off topic;

Reveal hidden contents

One of the things that caught my attention reading scanner’s post is the bit where he differentiates between making fun of someone within the confines of your home and publicly decimating someone you’ve never even met from a position of power. To me this is essential. I can share stupid sexist and racist jokes at the expense of friends (and ok, I admit, strangers) because there’s a shared understanding and trust that we do our best to assess people and situations based on their actions and merit and these jokes are an outlet that ridicule the situation and person making the joke as much as the recipient. This nuance is understandably entirely lost when entering this composed stage where ideas and opinions are reduced to picking the right side and people’s (actual, as in not what they choose to show) personalities tend to be meaningless because they won’t show any vulnerability. 

Slightly more to the point: 
It’s commendable that you are willing to name names imho. Because in a case like this the kind of bullshit that the caretaker seems to be pulling should be outed. At the same time I feel that being a dick/cunt/twat/bellend should never prevent someone from making and sharing whatever they concocted. I guess the line should be somewhat drawn at the point where they try to prevent others from doing the same. 

Another spoiler because of non essential wanking; 

Reveal hidden contents

It's a bit of a honker but nothing compared to the rest of the family.  My nanna grew up in Gateshead where there is a substantial hasidic jew population and they thought she was jewish because of the nose and jet black hair.  My grandad on the other hand, who fought in the war, thought the holocaust was the best thing Hitler ever did. 

Scanner put a description in quotes as a passive(aggressive) way of making sure people knew who he was writing about, so there was no point pussy footing around it.  It would've been better if he had just said it. 

1 hour ago, Rotwang said:

While I have no trouble believing that some musician is a cunt (I have a few asshole-in-the-industry experiences of my own), may I caution people against uncritically believing accusations without hearing the other person's side of the story?

Fair point.  I think there is a difference between a bit of a rant in the public sphere where a) people have a right of reply b) nuance/irony/context is more easily interpreted and pointed out if necessary and shitty behaviour can be shouted down.  I have a history of being a bit caustic on this site, but never ever would I dream of using PMs (apart from my Joyrex hate campaign where I send him a birthday message each year to tell him that I hope he dies soon).  There is sometimes, at least from a 3rd party pov, a fine line between a victim and the provocative victim.  But I'm finding it hard to think of any justification for sending shitty harassing emails over a period of years.  Did scanner kill his dog?  

58 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

Anyone else get a bit of a weird vibe from the whole post - The jumping around from him not getting a soundtrack commission to the #metoo movement to the history of him with Mr. Kirby seemed quite strange. Thrash (ex-The Orb) seems to have a past with Robin too (no idea what the story behind this one. Though a reminder of Kris's history: https://web.archive.org/web/20140626033214/https://krisweston.com/index.php/rant/ ) :

Yes it doesn't read well (incl. above point about passive aggressive naming of the Caretaker).  I gave the benefit of the doubt as it seemed spontaneous and cathartic writing.

We've just had a 3 year harassment campaign from a neighbour come to an end.  I could laugh it off, largely because the anti-seizure medicine I take simply means I could't be bothered if I tried, but it used to understandably upset a flatmate and I saw first hand how they were able to get under their skin so that even normal interactions became stressful.  So if somebody goes to the trouble of declaring 'this is unacceptable and upsetting' I'm inclined to believe them. 

Edited by kakapo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, producer snafu said:

this is how i found out, this sucks cuz i own a god damn min audio interface form them, but i haven't been using it lately. =/
amd some kind words form ma Hero!

I think breaking or giving back things that have already been bought is very dumb, just erase their mark from the products u own from them.. kinda like separating art from artist

that said if I ever buy gear by behringer in the future the money wont be going to them.

Edited by MIXL2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I planned on maybe buying some of their basic modules at some point, but I guess I won't bother ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ITT, broke ass hipsters telling people what they’re to righteous to buy. In the mean time, stealing VSTs from every manufacturer ? 

Mobys, Mobys everywhere!

My Moogs are loaded with sweatshop Chinese components. Don’t hear anyone complaining

01D08F07-BD01-4F0E-B22E-E3D047D95338.jpeg

Edited by 714681746476436
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, 714681746476436 said:

ITT, broke ass hipsters telling people what they’re to righteous to buy. In the mean time, stealing VSTs from every manufacturer ? 

Mobys, Mobys everywhere!

My Moogs are loaded with sweatshop Chinese components. Don’t hear anyone complaining

01D08F07-BD01-4F0E-B22E-E3D047D95338.jpeg

Link to your music?