Jump to content

[New BEHRINGER Products]


YEK
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 3/4/2020 at 11:47 PM, IDEM said:

Hey, good post, appreciate it. However, I still don't see what these "antisemitic propaganda tropes" are supposed to be. If anything, it might be offensive to French people. But how is this in any way antisemitic? Implying (to call a spade a spade) that giving the guy a protracted nose (and this is the only thing I can even imagine this being about) is antisemitic might, rhetorically speaking, in itself be an antisemitic statement. The tropes here are corksniffing and Pinocchio (i.e. liar); everything else is just projection. If you look at actual antisemitic caricatures of yore, you will see that the noses are indeed portrayed as bigger, but never long and slim, as in the imagery we have here. This sounds silly, but I think it's an important distinction to make in this case -- if you're attacking someone with a claim of this severeness, you better fucking make damn sure you have an actual case. (I'm not talking about you, obviously; it's the general you). The intellectual short circuit/brain fart "long nose = jew" is in itself lazy as fuck.

Also, take a minute to consider how incredibly stupid a German company would have to be to even for a second entertain the idea of launching an antisemitic attack on someone, however veiled? You think this shit would fly in any way? That is career-ending territory, and everyone knows it. Which is exactly why those people are crying wolf right now, and that's what irks me. This is the single most damning accusation there is, and you don't go wielding this weapon lightly. To instrumentalize it in this way is declaring moral bankruptcy. (Whether or not you can even be antisemitic towards someone who is not even jewish is another issue and maybe more of a philosophical question that I don't feel myself equipped to answer; my gut says no, but what do I know.) Are they "tone-deaf"? I don't think so, but who sets the standards? And can you in good faith condemn someone who violates them unknowingly? Can anyone of us expect the world to see life through our lense? I know virtually nothing about Behringer the company or its owner, and I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I sure as hell don't believe that they intended anything of the sort, so to link them to such a vile act is just defamatory bullshit, as far as I'm concerned. And something always sticks, so yeah, I call foul play.

Oh, and the RA thing was just a joke.

Sort of.

(They really do seem to get off on nasty shit like this though.)


To be honest I can’t make a stronger argument than that when I saw the drawing the first point of reference my brain went was antisemitic propaganda. I take your point when you say such a weapon should not be wielded lightly and especially considering I didn’t mean to imply there was any actual antisemitism at play here (just, like many others, felt it was a rotten thing to do and done in poor taste) I probably should have been more careful in naively and somewhat recklessly voicing my initial associations. 
Cheers! 

Edited by user
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Should I get a black or yellow TD-3. What do you guys think? 
i think you should get a mixer, some monitors and an audio interface so you can actually use the equipment you already have and make some tracks with it.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BCM said:
11 hours ago, TheBro said:
Should I get a black or yellow TD-3. What do you guys think? emoji846.png

i think you should get a mixer, some monitors and an audio interface so you can actually use the equipment you already have and make some tracks with it.

Ha ha cheers. I got all that except for monitors. Got some speakers though. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yeah them speakers ain't doing you no favours mate, but it isn't hugely important in the grand scheme of things i guess. so if you have a mixer etc., why haven't you set up your Kawai K1 and other bits? you still got the 01/W, and 505? that's a pretty good little setup already if so...

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, 714681746476436 said:

I’ve been asked not to post 2600 ☹️
 

what an idiot I am for sharing my gear

Why are Behringer shipping you a 2600 in a Thomann box?

 

  • Farnsworth 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/4/2020 at 8:49 PM, 714681746476436 said:

As a counterpoint, I’m going to step up how much Behringer gear I buy to support Uli and his ballsy jokes. Fancy the 2600 actually. 

 

On 3/4/2020 at 10:16 PM, 714681746476436 said:

I’ve ordered the 2600. Should be here Friday.

 

On 3/5/2020 at 7:32 AM, 714681746476436 said:

Oh shit, the 2600 arrived earlier than I expected. I’d post some thoughts, but you lads wouldn’t be interested. 

FC84829A-64F3-4BE7-A4BF-D36F2F7ED72C.jpeg

 

On 3/5/2020 at 9:33 AM, 714681746476436 said:

Ok, will do! I'm busy today, but tomorrow weekend I'll post my thoughts and some samples.

 

2 hours ago, 714681746476436 said:

5B70385F-5D6D-4DF1-BFA4-C8B89ECF8254.jpeg

 

1 hour ago, 714681746476436 said:

I’ve been asked not to post 2600 ☹️
 

what an idiot I am for sharing my gear

Ok, I mean there are a lot of possibilities here.  Let's have a think about a couple..

Scenario 1.

On Wednesday on an obscure internet message board you make a post about buying a behringer 2600, probably the most hyped and eagerly awaited of their synth releases alongside their planed big polysynths, and in response someone from behringer sends you a pre-production prototype as they're not in full manufacturing just yet, presumably from China with all the coronavirus delays, it arrives in a day, for some inexplicable reason in a Thomann box.  You offer to post some samples and then suddenly remember that you signed a non-disclosure agreement with them.  Sorry, no, the multinational company who own a town in China simply asked you not to post anything, because that's how they do business.

I mean its just about plausible that Behringer's batshit mental marketing department sent by incredibly expensive 24hr courier from China a borderline retarded (and I use that phrase unironically) internet troll who a day earlier expressed his desire to buy a 2600, with a friendly note 'please don't show anyone lol'.  I mean never say never.

Scenario 2

In an effort to troll an obscure internet message board some idiot bought a behringer odyssey thinking he was getting a 2600. 

I'm really struggling here.  We may never know the truth.

 

 

      

 

 

  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 7
  • Burger 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

lol, this thread keeps on giving

re Behringer: Shitty litigious practices and bullying

re Antisemitism, the video, etc: I have no idea, haven't bothered to watch the video

Personal experience: I have a Behringer mixer I've been planning to sell for a while because I don't need it and it's also quite crap

kthxbye

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BCM said:

yeah them speakers ain't doing you no favours mate, but it isn't hugely important in the grand scheme of things i guess. so if you have a mixer etc., why haven't you set up your Kawai K1 and other bits? you still got the 01/W, and 505? that's a pretty good little setup already if so...

 

 

Yeah I would set it up but I just don't have the space in the flat. May set up the Volca Bass and the 505 for a little improtu jam though. ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah I would set it up but I just don't have the space in the flat. May set up the Volca Bass and the 505 for a little improtu jam though.

that's fair enough if you ain't got any space... yeah maybe try and create a little mini setup you can fit on the kitchen table or something.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, kakapo said:

Is it just me or does this idiot not know the difference between an odyssey and a 2600?

What a freaking laugh... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2019 at 8:45 AM, thawkins said:

If it's copying the design and not giving anything back to the original creators, the Behringer clone should go fuck off to the dumpster where it belongs.

If they stuck to original budget but decent synths I could get behind them, the Deepmind was a pretty good first go, and they did their own R&D for it - which i think Uli Behringer was closely involved with. Reverse engineering products and use their economies of scale to undercut manufacturers isn't really that cool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2020 at 7:11 AM, kakapo said:

 

 

 

 

 

Ok, I mean there are a lot of possibilities here.  Let's have a think about a couple..

Scenario 1.

On Wednesday on an obscure internet message board you make a post about buying a behringer 2600, probably the most hyped and eagerly awaited of their synth releases alongside their planed big polysynths, and in response someone from behringer sends you a pre-production prototype as they're not in full manufacturing just yet, presumably from China with all the coronavirus delays, it arrives in a day, for some inexplicable reason in a Thomann box.  You offer to post some samples and then suddenly remember that you signed a non-disclosure agreement with them.  Sorry, no, the multinational company who own a town in China simply asked you not to post anything, because that's how they do business.

I mean its just about plausible that Behringer's batshit mental marketing department sent by incredibly expensive 24hr courier from China a borderline retarded (and I use that phrase unironically) internet troll who a day earlier expressed his desire to buy a 2600, with a friendly note 'please don't show anyone lol'.  I mean never say never.

Scenario 2

In an effort to troll an obscure internet message board some idiot bought a behringer odyssey thinking he was getting a 2600. 

I'm really struggling here.  We may never know the truth.

 

 

      

 

 

lmao at the guy not responding 

  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

lmao at the guy not responding 

Feverishly putting together a 2600 out of cardboard boxes and Christmas lights.  

  • Haha 2
  • Farnsworth 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Alcofribas said:

lmao at the guy not responding 

Last visited: March 6th

He's probably dead from cv from Chinese workers feverishly working through the night to make sure that 2600 was ready for him.

  • Like 1
  • Burger 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.