IGNORED

[New BEHRINGER Products]

YEK

So aside from the UB-Xa and CS-80 (or whatever they'll call it? BS?), Behringer have made trademark registrations for Kobol, Polykobol, Polyvoks and Trident. All cool synths, the Polykobol and (Korg) Trident in particular as they're polyphonic (and ironically, not the Polyvoks). 

There's a current €4000ish Polykobol remake by Black Corporation so it'll be interesting to see what uli comes up with. B Corps synths sound really good but seem plagued with technical issues and weird drawbacks (like no stereo on their CS-80) that make it difficult to justify the prices of several thousands. But they're a small business.

2 hours ago, chim said:

but seem plagued with technical issues and weird drawbacks (like no stereo on their CS-80) that make it difficult to justify the prices of several thousands. But they're a small business.

I think the no stereo thing is by design rather than a drawback.  I'd rather have a mono output and add my own effects.  On board effects make sense when they are linked with a built in sequencer, otherwise I'd rather they weren't added.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kakapo said:

I think the no stereo thing is by design rather than a drawback.  I'd rather have a mono output and add my own effects.  On board effects make sense when they are linked with a built in sequencer, otherwise I'd rather they weren't added.  

Deckard's Dream is a real pad monster and the 8 voices could use some stereo spread even when dry. I can see people not wanting to muck up its character with superfluous effects. There's a €1000 expander that adds pseudo-stereo outs, FX and a ring mod, a pretty ridiculous ask, especially as its DSP... Other than that it's one of the most impressive synths in modern times. 

• 3 weeks later...

My Behringer TD-3 yellow is coming from UPS today so I'm super excited. Question for all the TD-3 owners out there does this thing respond to midi cc? I couldn't find much about that on the internet. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, user said:

according to the midichart in the manual it only responds to note, pitchbend and transport messages

Oh okay ? thanks. Anyways it's arrived but I haven't opened it yet lol.

1 hour ago, TheBro said:
On 4/16/2020 at 10:33 PM, diatoms said:

Hopefully get mine tomorrow

acid into the weekend:)

What colour did you get?

YELLOW:)

it is Awesome!

I want to put the monotron filter, into the td-3, into the monologue

see if it works

need batteries for the korgs though

maybe get some microtonal action from the monologue

over the acid?

New at this

I'll find out &

post a pic tomorrow:)

I saw your studio pic, where's smiley:)

9 minutes ago, Berk said:

Heads up for the Dutch watmmers. The 808 clone is up for grabs at baxmusic for 250e

I saw people are reporting quite a lot of small bugs over at gearslutz etc(also for the 101 clone and maybe some other gear too). I can't be bothered to read through 119 pages but here's hoping the problems are mostly software/firmware related

51 minutes ago, Berk said:

Heads up for the Dutch watmmers. The 808 clone is up for grabs at baxmusic for 250e

Thanks. Really.

But after a thoroughly unpleasant experience with their RMA / support department I'm going to take my business to another low priced box pusher that does not offer service. Bax can go f* themselves, as far as I'm concerned.

(sorry, just had to get that off my chest).

finally did some reading on what all the fuzz is about with this company. 

gotta say it's a hornet's nest

Edited by Berk
  • Like 1

will all the reasons to hate this company they're making it pretty fucking difficult with that UBXa..

i wish they didnt have to act like fucking children with the pedal lawsuit and the corksniffer bollocks and the rest of it because they are making some pretty impressive stuff. been pleasantly surprised with my td3, i was expecting it to be a bit naff but other than the weird process of programming the sequencer, the thing does the job.

i just with they would just grow up about how they react to criticism.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, chim said:

Hot off the presses. UB-Xa is now In final stages.

There's also the Abstrakt OB-X clone coming this year, including a DIY version, which is very tempting.  Same ballpark figure as the Black corp synths, maybe a bit cheaper.  Aside from the Behringer controversies I'd rather have a OB-X than a OB-Xa, but the fact that the B clone will probably come in at half the price of a diy clone, and probably an eighth of the 2nd hand cost of an original shows the value. 

Edited by kakapo
  • Like 1