IGNORED

[New BEHRINGER Products]

YEK

30 minutes ago, TubularCorporation said:

That does sound really nice, I wonder if Behringer will ever get on the MPE train because a poly, especially an 8+ voice poly, really should have that today.

Would doubt it due to their existing MIDI integration on the copycat synths (Model D, K-2 at least for sure) are very limited. Note velocity is the most I've seen. Guessing there will be clock support for anything with an arpeggiator on it (LFO's don't sync to clock on mine). Not sure about the drum machines, just talking the synths.

edit:  Both the Pro-800 and the Solina copycats sound wonderful btw.

Edited by Taupe Beats

On 1/28/2021 at 10:25 PM, TheBro said:

Its gonna be a mere £300 I understand. I mean if Roland were to do rerelease the 909 with the same specs at double the price that would sell as well!

I doubt Roland could re-release the 909 for that kind of money. I reckon they are breathing a sigh of relief they didn’t go for the full re-issue and having this to deal with. At least the boutique one competes in the same price range. 

will be interesting to see how well this sells - will people buy this over the Roland one because they want a ‘real 909’ ?

I also wonder how the market actually stands for this too - I personally don’t want one as I have other drum machines and can easily cover 909 stuff with the thousands of samples and VST’s etc.  Will people with an already healthy studio setup buy one because they always wanted one or they aren’t happy with samples etc.... 

Anyway, regarding the ARP2600 - I didn’t realise Behringer are releasing a couple of ‘premium’ 2600 clones as well as the standard ones..  the grey meanie and a blue one. Apparently it has ‘premium components’ and a real spring verb.

21 hours ago, Grain Bastard said:

Will people with an already healthy studio setup buy one because they always wanted one or they aren’t happy with samples etc.... 

This is their target market and considering how older styles of music and ANALOG is fetishized they're probably on to a winner.

I know that Behringer are making these at budget/discounted prices but I wasn't overly impressed with the '303'.  and the '606' sounds fucking awful in comparison to the real thing (from videos). 

Edited by flacid

• 2 weeks later...

ugh when is the RD9 finally coming out. I wanna buy this thing in the expectation I will be motivated again to make music when I buy new gear and then touch it for one day only to never touch it again after that and let it gather dust

maybe I can sell it in 30 years for a million bucks

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So the company that sells equipment that I deal with don't have any behringer synths on their website. I tried another Canadian company and they only have one synth online. What's going on? Are they still making them?

R.I.P. Behringer V-Verb, it was good while it lasted.

Left input started to act weird so I opened it up and geave it a good going over and now the left input is working fine but the right one is completely dead.  Probably still works fine with the digital inputs but I don't have any digital i/o on my new interface, and the cheapest compatible S/PDIF i/o I could connect to it on a network is like $600 so no thank you.  

Swapped in my Alesis Wedge, though, so that's good - I'd been neglecting it.

Edited by TubularCorporation

The good thing about Behringer making all of these clones is that they're reverse engineering a lot of proprietary components, which is good for people who are tryin to maintain originals or design new things based on them.  

I don't have too much hope for them to make new Juno 6/60  chips since the 106 so much easier to clone and similar enough that doing a 6/60 based design probably wouldn't make business sense, but you never know. Same with some of the later, less prestigious CEM chips like the stuff in the Oberheim Matrix series (a Behringer Matrix 12 I might seriously consider).

2 hours ago, Grain Bastard said:

That LinnDrum clone has Digitakt’s display ?

.... never thought I'd say this but I hope they clone the Monomachine.

Edited by acid1
  • Big Brain 1