[New BEHRINGER Products]

yekker

i need one, but i think i need 2

The good thing about Behringer making all of these clones is that they're reverse engineering a lot of proprietary components, which is good for people who are tryin to maintain originals or design new things based on them.  

I don't have too much hope for them to make new Juno 6/60  chips since the 106 so much easier to clone and similar enough that doing a 6/60 based design probably wouldn't make business sense, but you never know. Same with some of the later, less prestigious CEM chips like the stuff in the Oberheim Matrix series (a Behringer Matrix 12 I might seriously consider).

2 hours ago, Grain Bastard said:

That LinnDrum clone has Digitakt’s display 😂

.... never thought I'd say this but I hope they clone the Monomachine.

Edited by acid1
  • Big Brain 1

4 minutes ago, Taupe Beats said:

Behringer's 303 clone advertises that you can poly chain up to 16 of 'em right on the box. The concept of this gets funnier to me the more I think about it.

If I had unlimited funds I would definitely waste some of it polychaining 16 Bass Station Racks, though (or 8, I forget what the limit for polychaining them is). 

Edited by TubularCorporation

4 minutes ago, TubularCorporation said:

If I had unlimited funds I would definitely waste some of it polychaining 16 Bass Station Racks, though (or 8, I forget what the limit for polychaining them is). 

A 16-voice chord all on one 303 filter sweep. Prog acid.

Posted (edited)

edit: would like to add that I have no particularly strong pro/anti uli boog feelings, just keep spotting these announcements on reddit

Edited by luke viia

2 hours ago, luke viia said:

edit: would like to add that I have no particularly strong pro/anti uli boog feelings, just keep spotting these announcements on reddit

Holy shit, that detuned arp/seq they keep going back to is annoying

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/30/2021 at 11:01 PM, luke viia said:

What a smug (smoog (smogue?)) chap.

Posted (edited)

Remember kids. Everytime you use your modular for simple arp sequences, Lord Buchla kills a kitten in heaven.

sorryyyyyyyy

but yeah you dont need a 5k modular for that a 5$ vst will do ok for those duties you know what im saying

Edited by thefxbip
  • Sad 1

On 6/30/2021 at 5:01 PM, acid1 said:

.... never thought I'd say this but I hope they clone the Monomachine.

Si Senor! Sold mine 😔

• Sad 2

It's interesting, as popular as analog is right now I have a feeling there's a vintage digital boom on the way (already starting, really), if only because cloning analog gear is pretty doable in most cases, but cloning digital is generally a lot harder if it's possible at all, and popular interest in old gear is as much about exclusivity as it is about the actual quality of the gear, especially in the social media era.

We're not going to be seeing a VL-1 or K2500 clone any time soon, Behringer or otherwise.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

FM has been of the rise recently.DX7 scores higher prices than 5 years ago.

But as for digi gear maybe but maybe not.

Seems to be that lots of VST can do what Digi hardware can do and get some of the same flavours. The same is certainly not true for analogue gear. VA isnt cutting it. If you want analogue tone you need real analogue still imo. With a real analogue you dont need to mess with parameters 30 min to get a bass you get it in 5 seconds. So the fact that you need it hardware gives it a bit of an edge. No other way to get the sound than owning the machine. Of course there is always ergonomics and hands on advantages of having a hardware digi synth and every synth is unique but i dont know if its enough to boost the market that much.

Hybrid synths tho are cool beasts. Analogue filters on digital osc are always quite interesting.

Vintage market is obviously vastly overblown and ridiculous tho.

In the end it's a rarity and fetishization thing. Every synth is unique, even VSTi and Digi and Clones and has its own tone. So if a particular synth is rare its gonna get expensive cause there is no other way to get this exact particular sound, especially in analogue and some are gonna fetishize this particular sound and will be willing to spend the money (on top of the collector factor).

Not necessarily because its better.

303 is a good example. It's not a particularily mind blowing or flexible synth compared to a prophet 5 but its highly fetishized.

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 5:45 PM, thefxbip said:

Ive yet to be impressed by the sound of any Behringer synth. They sound weak. IMO.

What would recently released synths do you like than ?

Does anyone here own a rare vintage piece of music making stuff comp synth delay etc?