IGNORED

[New BEHRINGER Products]

YEK

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2023 at 3:31 AM, J3FF3R00 said:

spacer.png
spacer.png

https://synthanatomy.com/2023/04/behringer-polyeight-korg-polysix-clone-with-two-more-voices-more.html

Kinda makes me want to trade my PolySix in for one of these ?

Just the 500th announcement of a prototype. Got a bit tired from any excitement I ever had. That PPG synth they were on to was announced "almost finished" two years ago.

• 2 months later...

Funny this thread came up here, I just bought myself a Behringer K-2 

It is just feels right because Im a huge fan of the MS-20 filter. Sounds very gritty and the build quality is solid. 
Highly recommend! 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cern said:

Funny this thread came up here, I just bought myself a Behringer K-2 

It is just feels right because Im a huge fan of the MS-20 filter. Sounds very gritty and the build quality is solid. 
Highly recommend! 

Recently been revisiting mine and totally agree. The external signal processor is really fun. The ring mod sounds great, etc. etc. etc.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Taupe Beats said:

Recently been revisiting mine and totally agree. The external signal processor is really fun. The ring mod sounds great, etc. etc. etc.

First I was looking at the Behringer Neutron because it works with Eurorack and it has alot of modulation capabilities but I think it sounds kinda boring.. It is nice for drones I guess and the layout looks nice. 
The K-2 just have so much character like the MS-20. No eurorack but it can just stands on its own!
Only thing I miss little bit is the mod wheel with the various way of routing it. 

This was my first Behringer I have bought and I think the quality is amazing for the price! Very impressed 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cern said:

First I was looking at the Behringer Neutron because it works with Eurorack and it has alot of modulation capabilities but I think it sounds kinda boring.. It is nice for drones I guess and the layout looks nice. 
The K-2 just have so much character like the MS-20. No eurorack but it can just stands on its own!
Only thing I miss little bit is the mod wheel with the various way of routing it. 

This was my first Behringer I have bought and I think the quality is amazing for the price! Very impressed 

The K-2 can also connect to Eurorack, but you'll need Hz to Volt and S to V-trigger converters to get it to play nice with other stuff. I've never gone Eurorack myself but have a ton of semi-modular stuff and would like to get those converters just to get the K-2 to play with them more.

My friend got a Neutron and I personally love it. Insanely fast envelopes, and the delay has a lot of character. Ton of mod options as well to open it up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Taupe Beats said:

The K-2 can also connect to Eurorack, but you'll need Hz to Volt and S to V-trigger converters to get it to play nice with other stuff. I've never gone Eurorack myself but have a ton of semi-modular stuff and would like to get those converters just to get the K-2 to play with them more.

My friend got a Neutron and I personally love it. Insanely fast envelopes, and the delay has a lot of character. Ton of mod options as well to open it up.

Yes the converter solution is bit of a clumsy thing tho but it would be great to have it go along with other gear.. You are thinking about Kenton maybe?  
The MIDI is fine and I will try to control it from my Monomachine. I hope the sync is good so it not drifting away too much.. I will keep an update!

Ive never been interested in how fast the envelopes are but it is a plus ofc and cool if a good effect.. 
But I need to say the Neutron looks far away more interesting that let's say a Moog Mother 32 even if I like the classic Moog filter more. 

I would recommend you to buy a case and insert maybe 1-2 Semi Modulars there and buy some separate Euro-Modules to play with your semis. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cern said:

Yes the converter solution is bit of a clumsy thing tho but it would be great to have it go along with other gear.. You are thinking about Kenton maybe?  
The MIDI is fine and I will try to control it from my Monomachine. I hope the sync is good so it not drifting away too much.. I will keep an update!

Ive never been interested in how fast the envelopes are but it is a plus ofc and cool if a good effect.. 
But I need to say the Neutron looks far away more interesting that let's say a Moog Mother 32 even if I like the classic Moog filter more. 

I would recommend you to buy a case and insert maybe 1-2 Semi Modulars there and buy some separate Euro-Modules to play with your semis. 

Nah the MS20/K-2 reverses the voltage for gates. Along with other weird stuff. There's good explanations of it on youtube.

The Expert Sleepers Disting can do the conversion. There's other Eurorack modules which can as well. From what I can tell it's pretty straightforward.

A lot of Arturia gear (including all their controllers) can send out MS-20 friendly signals as well. You have to set it that way with their config software.

• Like 1

Now that Moog is a subsidiary of a big corporation, how are people going to complain about Behringer knocking off their overpriced, not-actually-made-domestically, assembled by people paid less han an entry level McDonalds employee (where I live; last I saw a help wanted sign on the McDonalds at the rest stop I go by every time I visit relatives entry level third shift was $15/hr) bloop boxes?

Edited by TubularCorporation
  • Like 1

This one looks very interesting!
I hope it will be a kind of a drum module for very weird drum sounds like a Moog DFAM on steroids 

This would go hand in hand with my blue Bass Station II ?

behringer-p-r-o-t-o-n-v0-svq1bqktkn3b1.jpg.webp.1bd66e25409422d4bc85696c79b4cb57.webp

On 7/12/2023 at 4:10 PM, TubularCorporation said:

Now that Moog is a subsidiary of a big corporation, how are people going to complain about Behringer knocking off their overpriced, not-actually-made-domestically, assembled by people paid less han an entry level McDonalds employee (where I live; last I saw a help wanted sign on the McDonalds at the rest stop I go by every time I visit relatives entry level third shift was $15/hr) bloop boxes?

Hey

Rock on

brother.

1 hour ago, Wunderbar said:

Hey

Rock on

brother.

I'm obviously being hyperbolic, but the Moog fandom is pretty silly.  When Bob Moog was still alive it made sense, but since he retired/died it's been just another mid size company with workplace issues that's adding on a big brand-recognition premium as far as I'm concerned.  The DFAM seems cool, is too expensive.

I'm glad my theremin says Big Briar on the panel, not Moog.

• Like 2

Buchla, Oberheim and Moog is so overpriced. 

Behringer doing some interesting clones but they announce way too much stuff.. The Prophet clone out now sounds very good!

43 minutes ago, TubularCorporation said:

I'm obviously being hyperbolic, but the Moog fandom is pretty silly.  When Bob Moog was still alive it made sense, but since he retired/died it's been just another mid size company with workplace issues that's adding on a big brand-recognition premium as far as I'm concerned.  The DFAM seems cool, is too expensive.

I'm glad my theremin says Big Briar on the panel, not Moog.

I

agree

brother.

• 4 weeks later...

what? have Behringer lost their minds? are they finally going to release one of these mini synths they have been teasing out for like 3 years now?

https://www.gearnews.com/behringer-pro-vs-mini-finally-breaks-cover/

it's listed at sweetwater...but with no release date yet lol

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BehrProVS--behringer-pro-vs-mini-hybrid-vector-synthesizer

spacer.png

could be some next level trolling if it never comes out haha. oh well whatever. for $99 I'll buy it...someday

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2023 at 7:55 PM, cern said:

Buchla, Oberheim and Moog is so overpriced. 

Behringer doing some interesting clones but they announce way too much stuff.. The Prophet clone out now sounds very good!

I wanna get one at some point but it'd be probably the only piece of hardware synthwise I'd buy for long time after that. I heard it's still a bit glitchy tho.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone using the Neutron already? Didn't buy it yet but its the next on the list. 

basically everyone that is making a bit more trippy soundscapes uses it