IGNORED

RX-101 - Serenity (suction050 2LP/CD/digital)

Uros

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, species8472 said:

cool! assuming bandcamp orders to follow shortly?

We'll no longer be using Bandcamp for physical merch orders. Digital will be available from Bandcamp, but our physical copies will be available through our about-to-launch webshop, with shipping from either Canada or Poland. Direct orders through our shop will also include digital downloads. Hoping to have the new webshop launched very soon - either later (Tues Jan 21) today or tomorrow.

The bone-white-vinyl is Bleep exclusive. We'll have our own exclusive colour-vinyl edition as well: army-green.

16 hours ago, Braintree said:

Do you get a download code through Bandcamp? I would like to have it in my BC collection for ease of use.

I understand the convenience of that, but the answer is no.

Bandcamp is a fantastic platform for digital downloads, but for merch, it is not so ideal for sellers. The way they handle shipping rates is archaic and makes it impossible to set accurate shipping rates. With the new webshop that we're opening, via Shopify, I hope to be able to offer cheaper shipping rates.

I may look into a way of giving away Bandcamp download codes with releases in the future, but for now this won't be an option. On our Shopify, physical merch will come with a bundled 320 MP3 download.

NOTE: If any of you are inspired enough, because you want for our releases to include Bandcamp download, I would absolutely welcome the research/solution as to how to automatically supply a unique Bandcamp download code with purchase. I did spend a little bit of time looking into this, but I am swamped at the moment setting up the shop in general, and I don't have time to scroll through pages and pages of Shopify forum discussions and links to Shopify plug-ins that may work. If someone can find me a clear solution for how to do this, I would definitely be willing to do it! ..... If you want to help me out with this, please send me an email info @ suctionrecords.com ------- FREE copy of bone-white or olive-green vinyl edition of this new RX-101 2LP for anyone who can steer me to the solution.

• Rubin Farr changed the title to RX-101 - Serenity (suction050 2LP/CD/digital)
On 1/28/2020 at 8:47 AM, Uros said:

Pre-orders alive in fancy new Suction shops

Americas: https://suction.shop/collections/rx-101

EU/UK/Int.: https://suction-eu.shop/collections/rx-101

Thanks for posting the Shop links... also wanted to mention, that I've also put the digital, as well as limited copies of the vinyl/CD, up on Bandcamp, since so many people seem to prefer it:

suctionrecords.bandcamp.com

We've also repressed 300 copies of "Dopamine" on vinyl, and those are available there too.

I would really prefer to eventually migrate all of our physical merch sales to the above Suction Shop links, so if you don't mind buying from there instead, I appreciate it, and I am 100% willing to send you a Bandcamp download code. I'll just do that manually until I can figure out how to do it automatically. Same goes for any of you who already ordered via Suction Shop -- give me a week or so, and I'll be in touch with all of you who ordered through there to send you a Bandcamp download code.

Note, if you are planning to buy the bone-white vinyl from Bleep, last I heard they were down to less than 10 copies (of 200 pressed)...

Since adding it to Bandcamp this morning, we've started selling through the olive-green vinyl pretty fast as well. We pressed 300 of those though, so I expect them to last for a little while at least. Here's a pic of the olive-green:

DSC00439.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Out today, listening now (I had already pre-ordered).  Really lovely stuff, so into it.  Brings me back.  And it seemed I didn't have a few of these from my SoundCloud archive.  

On 2/14/2020 at 11:25 AM, atypic said:

Out today, listening now (I had already pre-ordered).  Really lovely stuff, so into it.  Brings me back.  And it seemed I didn't have a few of these from my SoundCloud archive.  

Thanks for the support - glad you're enjoying it!

On 2/24/2020 at 4:09 AM, Klart said:

I ordered my cd over a month ago with bleep. 

It still isn't in stock.

I hate it when release dates are missed.

It's not the first time for Suction.

It has nothing to do with Suction. Many people who ordered from us directly received their CD on/near/before the release date. If there are delays in getting to shops, that is to do with distributors, when the shop placed their order, etc. Also please note that you did not order it over a month ago. You pre-ordered it. The release date was Feb 14 so it was never set to ship before then.

Archived