IGNORED

Shed - Oderbruch [Ostgut Ton]

chassis

4 hours ago, scumtron said:

I haven't heard of this dude before, but this was def a pleasant surprise. Thanks for the heads up!

Do you recommend his other output as well? Seems like a productive guy. 

I've always been a hard follower, but never finding he had released what we could call as a masterpiece. Anyway, they are all very good albums with really great things happening..

On this latest release, this looks he has refined his approach for even better effet. I would say go for ''Shedding the Past", "The Final Experiment" and the new one. His twelve ''The Praetorian/RX 170" is also one of his best cuts.

Also: you should absolutely have a listen to the EQD compilation. Essential techno stuff, at his most functionnal and grooviest, and often very beautiful. It's insane.

6 hours ago, species8472 said:

finally got around to this. absolutely perfect. late contender for my fave this year and quite possibly his best album. hell yes. 

@Extralife you listened yet?

I can tell that it will be a grower for me and will need repeated listens. Really like how he puts that early 90s style though his own unique lens shaded by growing up in East Germany. This set is definitely his most clear cut “album” to me, while the others have seemed more like collections of tracks.

I'll have to check this out! I caught a great show of Herr Pawlowitz almost two months ago, October 4th to be precise. He is an excellent DJ as well as producer, and in the latter capacity he is an essential part of that heavy cavernous but not always totally dubby techno sound often associated with Ostgut Ton from about 2008 through the present lead by the likes of himself, Ben Klock, Marcel Dettmann, and others. As much as I enjoy his myriad releases, I can certainly agree, however, that I don't know if anything stands out as being head and shoulders above the rest... but in the world of techno that's not necessarily a bad thing to be true of your music.

• 3 months later...

Archived