IGNORED

Four Earths Required to Sustain Humans as We Know It

BCM

17 hours ago, StephenG said:

To be fair Marf, overpopulation is p much the root cause. There is literally no need for people to procreate to the extent they do. We just can't control our instincts.

wrong, only specific people can't control their instincts, not "we"

On 11/30/2019 at 11:39 PM, Brisbot said:

Reminds me of that first scene in movie Idiocracy.

Bit of a tangent, I remember reading this study that suggested people who tried to be more minimalist tend to be a lil bit happier on average. Something about a kind background anxiety that is associated with having a lot of stuff in your home. Also not following the whole two cars in every garage mentality associated with 50s-80s America, and constantly comparing what you have with what your neighbor has and feeling jealous or whatever.

But who knows, maybe the reason minimalists say they're happier is because they think they should be happier after going minimalist. I'm not so sure how scientific answering how you feel on a scale of 1 to 10 is.

I do wanna give it a try at some point in my life though.

It’s almost as if those thousands of years of ascetics abandoning the world and living with no possessions in the desert for the rest of their lives happened for a reason or something.  Woah.

Check out the doc one child nation. 

every food and medicine in China is touted to give you a bigger boner. They can’t stop fucking.. Really, tho, check out that doc. 

i dont know why people want kids but I’m weird

Archived