IGNORED

2020 most anticipated

d-a-m-o

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- Plaid’s got some exciting projects coming up it seems, such as the one they’re producing, Benet Walsh’s The Bee project. Maybe another surprise like another comp. that last one is more of a dream though.

- hoping Playboi Carti drops Whole Lotta Red next year

- Squarepusher of course!!! I need to continue his discography so I can join the hype train by the albums release

- Elseq was underwhelming for me but I’m interested in another Autechre studio album. Heard one song off of NTS Session and found it on a higher level of good so I’m excited.

- Boards of Canada would be cool it’ll be seven years and that Societas X tape was so cool. Hell Interface album is the dream

- Would be cool to see my man Steve Cobby release more solo material. He probably will

- Tame Impala’s The Slow Rush will be interesting. I’m a bit worried I’ll like it less than Currents though.

- ironically Van Weezer looks like sheer hilarity 

- I also wanna see Coldcut drop another LP. Would be interesting to see what they would make this day and age on a full LP. Sound Mirrors was a hit disappointed I’ll admit. Also am curious about the return of Hexstatic

15 hours ago, President Squidward said:

- Plaid’s got some exciting projects coming up it seems, such as the one they’re producing, Benet Walsh’s The Bee project. Maybe another surprise like another comp. that last one is more of a dream though.

- hoping Playboi Carti drops Whole Lotta Red next year

- Squarepusher of course!!! I need to continue his discography so I can join the hype train by the albums release

- Elseq was underwhelming for me but I’m interested in another Autechre studio album. Heard one song off of NTS Session and found it on a higher level of good so I’m excited.

- Boards of Canada would be cool it’ll be seven years and that Societas X tape was so cool. Hell Interface album is the dream

- Would be cool to see my man Steve Cobby release more solo material. He probably will

- Tame Impala’s The Slow Rush will be interesting. I’m a bit worried I’ll like it less than Currents though.

- ironically Van Weezer looks like sheer hilarity 

- I also wanna see Coldcut drop another LP. Would be interesting to see what they would make this day and age on a full LP. Sound Mirrors was a hit disappointed I’ll admit. Also am curious about the return of Hexstatic

According to their wiki, there is some kind of legal wrangling over the Coldcut name.

He's played live regularly this year, so maybe we'll be lucky. Few months ago he posted about his studio and the (listening ?) bar he's opened in Antwerp. I guess he's busy ? 

Huge fan of his music, would LOVE anything new from him.

Excited for new Squarepusher. Would love to hear more Tørsö. Occult Research is starting up again and I'm excited about that. If there's a new MNLTH release I'll need to get a pair of sweatpants to contain the inevitable boner.

I have at least three releases that I want to put out in 2020. Currently waiting on other people to get their shit together so we can do them right.

39 minutes ago, Braintree said:

Excited for new Squarepusher. Would love to hear more Tørsö. Occult Research is starting up again and I'm excited about that. If there's a new MNLTH release I'll need to get a pair of sweatpants to contain the inevitable boner.

I have at least three releases that I want to put out in 2020. Currently waiting on other people to get their shit together so we can do them right.

Ready for some new Braintree.

On 12/11/2019 at 9:01 PM, President Squidward said:

Man poor lads... first their 80’s-mid 90’s material is mostly lost online due to Arista’s meddling and now this

Anyone know how the ownership of Ninja Tune breaks down?  Is it just owned by Matt Black and Jonathan More?  Do Peter Quickie or Kevin Foakes have a stake?  Just curious about the dealings of the music industry nowadays.

https://ninjatune.net/about-us

Confirmed: literally just Squarepusher 

Likely/semi-confirmed: The Avalanches, Preoccupations, MBV, Private World

Maybe/not too farfetched: Dave Monolith, Aphex (2019 live shit), BoC, Modest Mouse, UMO, Autechre, OPN, Faith No More, GY!BE, Slowdive, LCD Soundsystem 

No chance but here's hoping: DJ Signify, Ween, A Tribe Called Quest

Archived