gated

RTR - PlanetX [AF028LP]

Also, I don't really understand all the talk about what this album sounds like or should sound like. It's a fucking killer album and I'm stoked that I can finally throw down for some downloads. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

We tend to have discussions on what albums sound like on these forums lol. That's kinda the point of watmm.

I enjoyed the album for what it is, will prob listen again tonight to form a better opinion.

Edited by StephenG

Not what I meant. I mean, in terms of comparing it to other people or trying to figure out if it's Steinvord, etc. Like, using some outside thing to determine how you feel about this album. 

Posted (edited)

We're only doing that because it was marketed as if it was another artist though. Of course it will draw comparisons when an artist pretends to be another artist for personal gain.

I get your drift and in general would agree, but in this case whoever this is (BWE I figure) kind of invited the comparisons themselves. Beatwife/Richard Wilson is another artist that does this way too much...

I'm still enjoying the album!

Edited by StephenG
  • Like 1

For sure. I guess I missed the marketing. Just saw it released today and had to grab it. I'm of the opinion that it's hard to get your music out there with all the noise on the internet, so I don't fault anybody for doing what they have to do to get their shit heard, even if I disagree morally.  

• Like 2

I can imagine Stephen G's tombstone will have something referencing this on it 

2 minutes ago, Stickfigger said:

I can imagine Stephen G's tombstone will have something referencing this on it 

lol and something about OPN records in my pond

Untitled21 is embarrassing how badly it's copping aphex. and transparently at that. fuckin weak.

I'm only halfway through and it's okay so far, but that afx clone track is not very good. Like...the sound of it is supposed to be like Drukqs but doesn't have any of the wonderful melody writing.

Getting a little tired of these afx/squarepusher clones.

• Like 3

sounds like rich & tom 2 my ears ((::

Posted (edited)

You need to invest in some qtips hunny 

honestly, do a side by side with any of these tracks and the official steinvord tracks (most of the fake ones were by “other artists”, one was an afx solo track I’m told)

Edited by StephenG

I'd go as far to say and , hear me out , that RTR is rich and Tom doing their first material since 2012 when Steinvord came out , and Syro , Damogen F and Ufab were done by afx and SP clones but marketed as Afx and SP. The daddies just meta'd everyone 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Lol

stick satire is the best satire

(throws on Vortrack) 

Edited by StephenG

((::spacer.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StephenG said:

You need to invest in some qtips hunny 

honestly, do a side by side with any of these tracks and the official steinvord tracks (most of the fake ones were by “other artists”, one was an afx solo track I’m told)

Which one was the "solo afx"? 

Waika4 is the jam

These are my thoughts too. I feel that way about 2/3 of what AF has been releasing recently. This reminds me of when that Daed record came out and people got really excited because the production was so good. It feels like someone spent a lot of time trying to make something that sounds "impressive" instead of actually expressing their creativity. I think this artist could make something i really enjoy. It's not bad (other than the Behringer clone of Vordhosbn) and i'm more annoyed with the marketing on the labels behalf than anything.
yeah sorry but gotta agree

Posted (edited)

What song are you referencing as a " Behringer clone of Vordhosbn" ? (didn't listen to all the album yet)

Edited by Diabrotikos

reward is good. who cares who it is. def not afx. maybe impakt. or your mother's gremlin warrior

15 hours ago, omnii said:

This is just so tiring to me. It was cute back in the days of Heorge Garrison but the persistence of BWE has really made it obnoxious now. This is cliche AF.

Finally someone! 

my speakers are happy.

14 hours ago, ReVoodle said:

Also, I don't really understand all the talk about what this album sounds like or should sound like. It's a fucking killer album and I'm stoked that I can finally throw down for some downloads. 

I know StephenG already threw some info about the marketing style, but personally although this "Hi, I'm spanish braindance guy....hmmm, could I be steinvord?" act annoys the hell out of me, it wouldn't stop me from buying this, if I considered the product good. afxafxafxafxafxafx youtube account didn't stop me from drooling all over HG tracks, but they are genuinely great tracks. From this one, I can only get nice breaks, but that's all. Most, if not all, of the melodies put me straight off. There isn't a black enough worm whole to throw you to a such parallel universe where you could find track like Aurevoir-R in a steinvord album.

I'm also pretty tired of the clone wars of steinvordish stuff (yeah, ranted about it numerous times before...). Was little worried that I've lost the ability to enjoy at all about stuff like that, but drukqs and steinvord still sound great. But bewwip, 4th, Rognvald, AF roster...eh whatever. Be Up A Hello sounds very promising though. You either have it or don't, I guess...Just listen to Vortrack mix!

14 hours ago, ReVoodle said:

For sure. I guess I missed the marketing. Just saw it released today and had to grab it. I'm of the opinion that it's hard to get your music out there with all the noise on the internet, so I don't fault anybody for doing what they have to do to get their shit heard, even if I disagree morally.  

Very true. In instance,I haven't seen much buzz around Netsh, but imo, this breaky track alone is better than this whole RTR album: https://netshmusic.bandcamp.com/track/yobmot-invert

if this is actually just a dude going "what if rich and tom had a band," i think i'm fine with that. i don't really care who it is. i do think it could be the rich and tom band, though.

Let's stick to the fact that it's Squarepusher and buy the album.

• Facepalm 1