IGNORED

RTR - PlanetX [AF028LP]

gated

4 minutes ago, StephenG said:

I think all of the deceptive mktg was by the artist themselves tbh, I don't think AF did anything wrong. 

“AF did nothing wrong!” cried Big McLargeHuge, as Analogical Force revealed it had been operation since the beginning of the 20th century and singlehandedly encouraged Hitler through subliminal use of the Ondes Martenot, which would go on to inspire countless IDM chemtrail truthers.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's kind of a misguided nostalgia thing. Everyone wants to relive that mind-blowing moment the first time you heard Drukqs, Go Plastic, etc. But the fact is that any time someone tries to recapture that feeling, it falls a bit short some way or another. It's always more exciting to hear something fresh and different, hence why the artists who originally founded the style have largely moved on. 

To use a video game analogy, people often laud Super Metroid and Symphony of the Night as the pinnacles of 2D gaming, so much so that indie developers have absolutely flooded the market with countless metroidvania games, and while many of them are good, some great, none are ever going to be able to recapture the feeling of playing Super Metroid for the first time. 

Of course this isn't an airtight explanation, and there are always exceptions to everything, but I think this Steinvord obsession falls into the same general category. 

I think my previous gripe came off as overly critical. There is a lot of skill in these tracks and they sound like there was a lot of work put into the release. Plus, if this is a watmmer, then they're one of the homies and we should support them. At any rate, the LP will be a fine addition to my vinyl collection.

4 hours ago, NI64 said:

To use a video game analogy, people often laud Super Metroid and Symphony of the Night as the pinnacles of 2D gaming, so much so that indie developers have absolutely flooded the market with countless metroidvania games, and while many of them are good, some great, none are ever going to be able to recapture the feeling of playing Super Metroid for the first time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 4:09 PM, NI64 said:

I agree, that is a good point, though it must be said that every now and then a Shovel Knight  or a Hollow Knight comes along and while clearly taking a lot of inspiration from it's successors puts an individual twist on the formula.

There are many comparisons to draw in this record to Steinvord, SP or Aphex but personally, I have a huge deal of respect for RTR and this record, the production is bonkers and really advanced. If it was set out to be in the style of Stein/SP intentionally or not, it isnt an easy vibe to capture, my hats off to RTR for this!

On 1/21/2020 at 11:17 AM, Richie Sombrero said:

Have people received their vinyl? I can't remember when it's out, haven't got mine yet. 

17 hours ago, Braintree said:

Haven't received the vinyl yet, but I think it's supposed to ship soon.

The records are delayed

From AF HQ "Hi folks, first, thanks for the strong support with the RTR release. Second, it seems that Christmas or however holidays at the factory has caused the RTR album to be delayed 10-12 days. Third, thanks for your patience and be clear that as soon as we receive as soon as we ship! The wait will be worth it. Word."

should be soon!

4 hours ago, mause said:

I agree, that is a good point, though it must be said that every now and then a Shovel Knight  or a Hollow Knight comes along and while clearly taking a lot of inspiration from it's successors puts an individual twist on the formula.

Funny you mention Hollow Knight, I actually just started playing that a few days ago, and yes, it's phenomenal! I'm sucked in. So I may have to retract my previous statement haha

1 hour ago, NI64 said:

Funny you mention Hollow Knight, I actually just started playing that a few days ago, and yes, it's phenomenal! I'm sucked in. So I may have to retract my previous statement haha

crackin game for sure

Haters can say what they want ''Reward'' is a lush banger.

Props to Analogical Force for releasing HQ braindance.

Cause the more braindance that exist to meet my braindance needs the merrier.

Non-AFX braindance has a right to exist y'all.

46 minutes ago, fxbip said:

Haters can say what they want ''Reward'' is a lush banger.

Props to Analogical Force for releasing HQ braindance.

Cause the more braindance that exist to meet my braindance needs the merrier.

Non-AFX braindance has a right to exist y'all.

Hear hear. 

(but peeps don’t have to pretend to be Richard)

On 1/22/2020 at 4:03 PM, mause said:

The records are delayed

From AF HQ "Hi folks, first, thanks for the strong support with the RTR release. Second, it seems that Christmas or however holidays at the factory has caused the RTR album to be delayed 10-12 days. Third, thanks for your patience and be clear that as soon as we receive as soon as we ship! The wait will be worth it. Word."

should be soon!

I hope to receive it soon ?

On 1/22/2020 at 10:18 PM, Extralife said:

Hear hear. 

(but peeps don’t have to pretend to be Richard)

Yeah must say the anonymous/mystery game is getting a bit old and is unecessary hahaha but whatever, there is worst things and i like the trx.

Anonymous or not, bring em trx.

All that matters at the end of the day.

Archived