IGNORED

Ulrich Schnauss: Now Is A Timeless Present - A Retrospective (6/12/19)

BOCfan

Ulrich Schnauss will shortly be releasing Now Is A Timeless Present, a career retrospective boxset. 

Having reaquired all of the rights to his catalogue a couple of years back, Ulrich set about remastering all of his albums to date, with quite substantial reworking done to his most recent two albums, 'A Long Way To Fall' and 'No Further Ahead Than Today'. Alongside his previously released albums there will be a new release, 'Now Is A Timeless Present,' featuring previously unreleased and disparate material. It wil be available to buy digitally from the 6th December with a physical release to follow in January. 

Click me

Edited by BOCfan
  • Like 2

not a great cover. moving on...

I wasn't aware any of this needed remastering but im curious how they will sound. it will certainly be a nostalgia trip! haven't listened to knuddelmaus in years but its a damn mid aughties classic

I've still only heard A Strangely Isolated Place and Far Away Trains Passing By but none of his more recent things or even anything under one of his aliases. I'll have to do some investigating, any particular things you'd recommend, folks?

On 12/4/2019 at 5:45 PM, Soloman Tump said:

Goodbye is an OK album but very shoegazey - lots of guitar.  Stars / Shine / Goodbye are good tracks.

Those first 2 albums are stone cold classics though.  Also keen to hear the remasters.

Love his first 2 albums, simply divine! 
Digitals are out but only on apple music ? 

• 1 month later...

He's done some incredible melodic D&B before the Ulrich Schnauss material that is apparently not included in this retrospective. Highly recommend any interested parties investigate his Ethereal 77 material, out of control lushness:

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Just bit the bullet on this comp. Heads up qobuz has the whole 73 track retrospective (including all the outtakes & bsides) in 24 bit/48kHz for $10.99 USD, Great value but surely an error on someone's part:

https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/album/now-is-a-timeless-present-a-retrospective-ulrich-schnauss/w5el9kmgx16nc

Edited by Goiter Sanchez

On 12/2/2019 at 11:05 AM, dr lopez said:

I wasn't aware any of this needed remastering but im curious how they will sound. it will certainly be a nostalgia trip! haven't listened to knuddelmaus in years but its a damn mid aughties classic

The remaster on these tracks is tasteful and overall an improvement having compared the new master to the previous versions. Sounds brighter and more detailed especially on the super dense tracks from 'Goodbye'.