IGNORED

µ-Ziq 2020 Speculation

Hugh Mughnus

It's been a long while since Mr Ps last album proper. I love all of the archive material especially Somerset Avenue trax and Challenge Me Foolish. Fingers crossed we can enjoy a new ziq album in 2020, I know the man is proper busy running a successful label, and also living life with a waifu and kiddos and apparently massive portions of beans lol.

I still dream of a new album though! ?

I promise you I'm watching my bass bins furiously lol

I'm worried that he might have stopped working on new music due to other commitments. I've been loving the old stuff that he's been unearthing lately, but I don't think he's put out anything new in the last six years. That being said, fact mix 645 and xlr8r podcast 433 were top notch.

On 12/7/2019 at 1:27 AM, Lada Laika said:

Brainwaltzera releases stuff every year soooo ya duh

I really like this theory. Would make me loads happier if Mike was just happily making music under a different name rather than unhappily not making music at all.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2020 at 1:58 AM, thumbass said:

I hope hes going to put out some actual new stuff, the archive tracks are great and all but im curious as to what es has been making in more recent years

Same!

On 1/7/2020 at 10:11 AM, DJ Latte said:

Yes,... i would kill for some new mu-ziq.... Chewed corners was da shizzz!!!! Nobody here has ANY inside info on this??

Wasn’t chewed corners just dandy? Awesome album imho, a highlight that year for sure.

• 4 weeks later...

Found myself playing through Chewed Corners and the archival albums the last couple weeks while going out on these long walks watmmers recommended ?

I can't believe Chewed Corners was already almost 7 years ago, insane! 

I hope we hear something from him this decade, understand he's a busy man and we're entitled to nothing really but just get so much joy out of his albums. A man can hope. =P

On 1/25/2020 at 3:45 AM, Hugh Mughnus said:

Same!

Wasn’t chewed corners just dandy? Awesome album imho, a highlight that year for sure.

Yes indeed, double dandy☺️ One of my favorite records! Nothing like it, and truly evolved his sound on it.

i like to listen to “spatula freak” (best LP sleeve in history btw;)  and “Chewed corners” in a row, some weird way they are reminiscent to me?

Archived