IGNORED

knives

dingformung

1 hour ago, ManjuShri said:

Kiwami Japan's a pretty neat channel if you haven't heard of it already.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg3qsVzHeUt5_cPpcRtoaJQ/videos

0:28-0:32 couldn't help but notice that the stove igniter is capable of producing some sweet synthetic drum loops

• Like 1

I used to have an Opinel mushroom knife but lost it on a deep woods adventure :cattears:

I wanted to replace it but the amount of ticks I was getting convinced me to cut down significantly on the amount of time I was spending in the woods (especially after a couple friends got the alpha gal allergy from Lone Star ticks).

Other than that, I've heard good things about Moras and still might get one for general use but not today.

Edited by drillkicker
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, jules said:

I use a santoku all the time but I’d love to get a really good 8-9” chef knife. I don’t want to spend a fortune and not sure what to get. I also always carry a pocket knife and it always amazes me that it always gets a comment when I pull it out.

This one comes highly recommended by many people: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008M5U1C2

Cheap, durable, keeps it's sharpness if you take care of it, good heft and well-balanced. Cheap too (compared to other knives)

spacer.png

I have this ForeverSharp(TM) kitchen knife.

It's damn good. Ideal for slicing bread, veg, fish, everything pretty much. I cut our big (tough skinned) pumpkins up with them at Halloween, no problem.

Have had it for at least 6 years now and it is indeed still very sharp.

17 hours ago, Joyrex said:

I actually own this knife and bought it on Amazon

I had a Victorinox similar to that but the plastic handle broke off once and nearly took 2 of my fingers with it.  Wasn't impressed.  The blade was still fine though.

• Like 1

Try having a chef for a brother. They NEVER let you use their gear. Ever. All wrapped up in fold out leather wallet fancy-dan thing 

Got busted once using his filleting knife on fish, didn’t end well for the fish.

Lessons in food prep are one thing, but only time spent with these tools gives you ingrained, rapid carving /chopping skills.

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

2 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

spacer.png

I have this ForeverSharp(TM) kitchen knife.

It's damn good. Ideal for slicing bread, veg, fish, everything pretty much. I cut our big (tough skinned) pumpkins up with them at Halloween, no problem.

Have had it for at least 6 years now and it is indeed still very sharp.

I had a Victorinox similar to that but the plastic handle broke off once and nearly took 2 of my fingers with it.  Wasn't impressed.  The blade was still fine though.

Just like having an overabundance of knives is a waste, I find "all in one" knives to be subpar when it comes to specific tasks.

That being said, if it works for you, great.

I'm shocked the Victo died on you like that - I would have emailed the company about it, since they stand behind their products.

9 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Just like having an overabundance of knives is a waste, I find "all in one" knives to be subpar when it comes to specific tasks.

That being said, if it works for you, great.

I'm shocked the Victo died on you like that - I would have emailed the company about it, since they stand behind their products.

Problem was it was second hand so I didnt feel I could.  Although they probably would have stood by it still. 

• 3 weeks later...