Sign in to follow this  
Rubin Farr

Global Communication - 76:14 (Unauthorized 180g Clear Double Vinyl)

10 hours ago, nikisoko said:

thats part of the ambience tho

I have a wonderful fireplace for that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why is Sony even bothering to press up 1500 copies?

There also appears to be a regular black 180g unlimited version coming next month as well.  This looks ugly.

I've always been under the impression that 'uncoloured' vinyl is much better sound wise that ones with fancy colouring - Is this still the case ?

35 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

I've always been under the impression that 'uncoloured' vinyl is much better sound wise that ones with fancy colouring - Is this still the case ?

debatable i guess, but better to play it safe. coloured vinyl is also just generally hideous.

this release is turning out to be some drama. cancelled my order, and looking forward to the REAL one.

1 hour ago, mcbpete said:

depends... although the only ones I've ever thought sounded as good or better than uncolored are clear. Those colundi vol 2 clears sound fucking flawless. colundi level 3 too.

3 hours ago, mcbpete said:

The manufacturer I usually use says that lighter transparent colours (inc pure transparent clear) often have a 5db increased noise floor. Opaque colours, particularly darker ones like blue, brown etc.. They tend to sound closer to black in terms of overall quality. Honestly though, the whole vinyl manufacturing process is such a roll of the dice that anything can sound crap.

White vinyl is without question the worst in my personal experience though. One single company (if you can even call it that) controls all the pellets in the world apparently. I think they have a patent on it, or something. Anyway, every single white vinyl I've ever had has sounded noticeably noisier than the rest. They look cool, but I try to avoid buying them now. Certainly no longer use them for my own music.

Edited by brisk

agreed. white / gold vinyl usually sound like shit.

Since we're bitching, does this album really need a remaster? Got a feeling this is going to be like a star wars remaster: gonna be slightly different but full of unnecessary extra details. Thing was perfect as it was. Although I allow them to have a proper rerelease though. 

Global Communication fb page and Mighty Force Records both confirming Music On Vinyl release is bootleg...

FB730E1C-F3D0-494A-85D1-4339FAA9D0F4.jpeg

And just saw this on Twitter...

3B4DA563-9033-4D25-AEAB-95D9B6BF46AA.jpeg.d577453041235317e4a141d98f9e7843.jpeg

New remixes would be cool 

*interest peaks*

interested look GIF by Anime Crimes Division

God damn it, what a shit show.  I pre-paid for my order, but emailed Norman to see if they can still cancel.  

norman just confirmed my canceled order and refund.

norman refunded mine no problem. what a ridiculous situation. 

same thing with phonica, instant refund, no problem.

Praying for a qebrus remix. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but the official GC remaster will also be available on CD, and will include the bonus material like the vinyl.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, brap23 said:

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but the official GC remaster will also be available on CD, and will include the bonus material like the vinyl.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Gimme that cd.

If the content is different to the 2005 one I'll end up with two copies. Good job it's worth it.