IGNORED

No Place Like Drone - Still Ways 2: Penumbra (ambient/drone/experimental megamix)

droid

Hot off the presses.

Tracklist:
1. NPLD - The 10th Configuration
2. NASA - Symphonies Of The Planets 1 - Symphonies of the Planets - LaserLight Digital (1993)
3. Sunroof! - Machines - Cloudz - VHF Records ‎(2003)
4. Roger Winfield - Windsongs 2 -  Windsongs: The Sound of Aeolian Harps - Saydisc (1991)
5. Lull - Open Closed Apart - Dreamt about dreaming - Dreamt About Dreaming - Rawkus (1995)
6. Robert Rich - The Abiding Wheel - Tactile Ground - Soundscape (2018)
7. Deathprod ‎- Cloudchamber - Deathprod - Rune Grammofon (2004)
8. Ugasanie - Shores of Antarctica - Ice Breath Of Antarctica - Cryo Chamber (2018)
9. Steven Halpern ‎- Healing Music #2 - Music For Healing Mind, Body & Spirit - Relaxation Music (1996)
10. Ana roxanne - Slowness - ~ ~ ~ - Leaving Records (2019)
11. Biosphere - Geatkejavri - The Senja Recordings - Biophon Records (2019)
12. Teresa Winter - Pain of Outside - Untitled Death - The Death Of Rave (2017)
13. Federico Durand ‎- Un claro del bosque iluminado - El Estanque Esmeralda - Spekk (2014)
14. Fumio Miyashita - Morning Sun - The Healing Rain Forest : Meditation Breathing - 
Pioneer (1996)
15. Labradford - P - Mi Media Naranja - Kranky (1997)
16. Robert Curgenven - En Plein Air - Climata - Dragon's Eye Recordings (2016)
17. Kate Carr - There was a lot of whispering involved - The Story Surrounds Us - Helen Scarsdale Agency (2017)
18. Eliane Radigue - Onward 19 - Vice Versa, Etc.… - Important Records (1970/2009)
19. Anthony Child & Gnod - Part Two - Behind the Lids - Tesla Tapes (2016)
20. Kyle Bobby Dunn - La Passerelle De Ses Yeux - Air Texture Volume II - Air Texture (2012)
21. Cosey Fanni Tutti - Ritual Awakening - Time To Tell ‎- Flowmotion (1983)
22. Stephan Matheiu - Dawn - A Static Place - 12k (2011)
23. William Basinski - DLP 6 - The Disintegration Loops - Temporary Residence Limited (2012)
24. Toshimaru Nakamura - NIMB 53 - Re-Verbed (No-Input Mixing Board 9) - Room40 (2018)
25. Decal - Somewhere Worth Living - 404 Not Found - Planet Mu (2002)
26. Celer - Rains Lit By Neon - Xièxie - Two Acorns (2019)
27. Flying Saucer Attack - Rainstorm Blues - Further - Domino (1997)
28. NPLD - The 11th Configuration

Effects Processing:
Elektron Octatrack: Dynamic Performance Sampler @WeAreElektron
Make Noise Morphagene x2: Tape and microsound music module
Make Noise Maths: Analog computer @makenoisemusic Mutable
Instruments Tides: Tidal modulator Mutable Instruments Clouds x2: Granular audio processor/Texture Synthesiser
Mutable Instruments Warps: Meta Modulator
Mutable Instruments Ripples: Liquid filter
Mutable Instruments Elements: Modal Synth / Resonator
Mutable Instruments Veils: Quad VCA
Mutable Instruments Blinds: Quad VC Polarizer @mutable_instrum
MFB dual LFO Bastl Cinnamon: Voltage controlled state variable filter @bastlinstrument
Eventide H9 Harmoniser: Multi effect processor  @EventideAudio Strymon
BigSky: Multidimensional reverb @strymon EHX
PitchFork Polyphonic Pitch shifter @EHX 

And here's a video of us making this very mix.

Mint. The decade round up was fun with discussions, but this is savagely good (that Lull track is an all time favourite).

Really broad scope & majestic with it, takes good ears threading so many different components together as coherently.

Yeah, the method kinda developed organically. Back in the 00's we were doing 6 deck improvised sets with some basic pedal and kaoss pad fx, but we always wanted to go further and the modular kits lets us completely deconstruct things, opening up the possibility to mix a much more diverse set of tunes - we send tracks out individually or together and then feed the processed sound back into the mixer.

We've found that an important factor is the live element - this set was more less completely improvised, but to do that you need at least 2 people, ideally someone on the same wavelength.

• 3 months later...

I basically only get to spotify when I'm at work, which is mainly when I'm online here, but I will check this out!  

Some favorites I recognize:

Celer

LULL

Cosey

Flying Saucer Attack

Radigue

Basinski

and have heard Robert Rich, but mainly from his collaboration with Lustmord, I haven't heard anything I liked of his solo works, but I have always believed there is something out there that I would get into by him....

On 4/4/2020 at 12:42 PM, no part of it said:

I basically only get to spotify when I'm at work, which is mainly when I'm online here, but I will check this out!  

Some favorites I recognize:

Celer

LULL

Cosey

Flying Saucer Attack

Radigue

Basinski

and have heard Robert Rich, but mainly from his collaboration with Lustmord, I haven't heard anything I liked of his solo works, but I have always believed there is something out there that I would get into by him....

Rich has a long and storied history in ambient music. He's done some awful, cliched stuff, but also a fair amount of really good stuff. That last album is excellent.

Archived