IGNORED

Tycho - Stress EP

Joyrex

i held off from saying negative things in the last tycho thread, but this song is so bad i cant help it anymore.  everything from the build-ups, transitions, "ethereal vocals" are phoned-in formulaic, it sounds like it was written by a spotify algorithm.  i listened to the video track, and felt like i was in a mall or commercial the entire time.  need to clean ears pronto.

I remember trying Past is Prologue and being very underwhelmed by it. Maybe I’ll give his discography another go since I’m curious to see how lame his 2019 releases like Weather and Stress are haha 

i feel his only song to really impress me is the one off of Ghostly Swim, Cascade.

14 hours ago, President Squidward said:

I remember trying Past is Prologue and being very underwhelmed by it. Maybe I’ll give his discography another go since I’m curious to see how lame his 2019 releases like Weather and Stress are haha 

i feel his only song to really impress me is the one off of Ghostly Swim, Cascade.

...which was on Past is Prologue (Cascade). The one of the Ghostly Swim comp is a "live" version.

14 hours ago, Joyrex said:

...which was on Past is Prologue (Cascade). The one of the Ghostly Swim comp is a "live" version.

Oh. Damn, rateyourmusic placeholders don’t include it, must be a digital thing or they never put the issue with it on there ha

11 hours ago, President Squidward said:

Oh. Damn, rateyourmusic placeholders don’t include it, must be a digital thing or they never put the issue with it on there ha

Well, to be fair, it didn't appear on the original Merck release (I miss that label), and it's first appearance was as a bonus track on the Japanese version. Then, when Tycho signed to Ghostly International, it wasn't on it until the 2013 reissue.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to take their little plucky guitar and smash it into a brick wall lol. They’ve touched on other potential tricks and capabilities, but they have so many tropes that hold their sound back and the plucky guitar is my least favorite

Archived