IGNORED

Undercurrent (synthwave)

Thiefinger

Nice - I actually think the guitar bits stick out a bit too much in comparison to the synths and other background instruments, but still a good track. Almost makes me think of ending credits for a 90's college-level science program on the properties of aerodynamics of flight.

1 hour ago, Joyrex said:

Almost makes me think of ending credits for a 90's college-level science program on the properties of aerodynamics of flight.

Lol. I get that. I guess I watched a lot of that sort of stuff when I was a kid.

• 2 weeks later...

Really like that rolling bass line! I think I would change the chords in bar 3 and 4 a little bit. Maybe you can add some chorus or something on the guitar to make it fit into the whole synth sound a bit more. Merry christmas!

• 3 weeks later...

Not gonna bother with a new thread but I've been getting back to making music just for *fun* without trying too much. 
Some kind of retrowave or whatever. I like to play around with vocal samples and not bother too much about if the words are intelligible.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2020 at 6:54 PM, Thiefinger said:

Not gonna bother with a new thread but I've been getting back to making music just for *fun* without trying too much. 
Some kind of retrowave or whatever. I like to play around with vocal samples and not bother too much about if the words are intelligible.

sounds like meatbingo. nice 

This style as played by Carpenter Brut, Mitch Murder, Helicopter something (I forged all the names) is at the same time incredibly good sounding and repetitive and formulaic to the extent that I keep on skipping tracks whenever I hear the standard bass drum->compression ducked 3 bass notes->snare drum->compression ducked 3 bass notes. But that is just my personal quirk. ?

That said what you are doing sounds really good and the vocal samples add a good measure of uniqueness to the whole thing. ?

4 hours ago, thawkins said:

Can't you just edit the first post and change the title yourself?

4 hours ago, Thiefinger said:

no

3 hours ago, ManjuShri said:

If @Thiefinger was a paying subscriber, he would have the ability to change his topic thread's title...

Archived