Sign in to follow this  
Thiefinger

Undercurrent (synthwave)

I made a synthwave track with some guitar on it. Maybe not the most original sounding stuff but I'm happy with the melodies and stuff. Also I think the mix is ok.

• Like 1

Nice - I actually think the guitar bits stick out a bit too much in comparison to the synths and other background instruments, but still a good track. Almost makes me think of ending credits for a 90's college-level science program on the properties of aerodynamics of flight.

• Like 1

I'm rocking out over here. Good vibes. ??

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joyrex said:

Almost makes me think of ending credits for a 90's college-level science program on the properties of aerodynamics of flight.

Lol. I get that. I guess I watched a lot of that sort of stuff when I was a kid.

8 minutes ago, Thiefinger said:

Lol. I get that. I guess I watched a lot of that sort of stuff when I was a kid.

Totally - complimentary - I did too, and love that kind of stuff.

• Like 1

sounds cool, i would work a little bit on the drums and bring some more life to it.

• Like 1

Sounds good to me but just felt it was a bit too cheesy for my tastes lol. Like the production.

• Like 1

Really like that rolling bass line! I think I would change the chords in bar 3 and 4 a little bit. Maybe you can add some chorus or something on the guitar to make it fit into the whole synth sound a bit more. Merry christmas!

• Like 1

Reminds me of this actually.

Just want to add you're very musical. ?

• Like 1

Not gonna bother with a new thread but I've been getting back to making music just for *fun* without trying too much. 
Some kind of retrowave or whatever. I like to play around with vocal samples and not bother too much about if the words are intelligible.

• Like 1

This is so not what I'm into, but I think you've absolutely nailed the sound, very authentic. I think it's quite well written too, in a sort of 80s VHS background music type of thing. Guitar really emphasised the cheese factor! Well done!

• Like 1

Really liked the more recent tracks.  The warm VHS vibe of all the looping samples is like a bit of nostalgic cat-nip for me.  

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 6:54 PM, Thiefinger said:

Not gonna bother with a new thread but I've been getting back to making music just for *fun* without trying too much. 
Some kind of retrowave or whatever. I like to play around with vocal samples and not bother too much about if the words are intelligible.

sounds like meatbingo. nice 

• Like 1

thank u thank u

here's a new one.

• Like 1

This style as played by Carpenter Brut, Mitch Murder, Helicopter something (I forged all the names) is at the same time incredibly good sounding and repetitive and formulaic to the extent that I keep on skipping tracks whenever I hear the standard bass drum->compression ducked 3 bass notes->snare drum->compression ducked 3 bass notes. But that is just my personal quirk. ?

That said what you are doing sounds really good and the vocal samples add a good measure of uniqueness to the whole thing. ?

• Like 1

chill house or something

a mod could maybe change this topic just to "thief's shit" or something because I'm just gonna spam my tracks here.

Edited by Thiefinger
topic name change pls
  • Like 1

Can't you just edit the first post and change the title yourself?

On 1/31/2020 at 7:32 PM, Thiefinger said:
a mod could maybe change this topic just to "thief's shit" or something because I'm just gonna spam my tracks here.

@Joyrex

• Burger 1

4 hours ago, Thiefinger said:

no

How's this possible then? 

4 hours ago, thawkins said:

Can't you just edit the first post and change the title yourself?

4 hours ago, Thiefinger said:

no

3 hours ago, ManjuShri said:

If @Thiefinger was a paying subscriber, he would have the ability to change his topic thread's title...

• Thanks 2