IGNORED

Post-COVID plans?

ambermonk

It's not only a new year, but a new decade that is upon us. Hope y'all are staying healthy and safe.

15 April 2020 EDIT: Any plans in particular you guys have in mind for next year? when we finally don't have to worry about getting sick just from going outside?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try not to die (almost failed in 2019 lol). Uhm me and the wifey are finally making our trip to Iceland in June?

See the pusher of squares in Portland. 

Try and get healthy.

What about you gonky?

I want to give WeeklyBeats the honest attempt I bungled too quickly in 2018.

I'd also like to establish healthier, more sustainable eating and overall consumption habits. This may include quitting alcohol and nicotine but I'm not ready to make an empty commitment to that.

I'm considering developing a crippling Eurorack addiction, but so far I've only gazed over the precipice into the dark, bottomless void. GAS already consumes me, but ultimately I'm a coward.

21 hours ago, StephenG said:

Try not to die (almost failed in 2019 lol). Uhm me and the wifey are finally making our trip to Iceland in June?

See the pusher of squares in Portland. 

Try and get healthy.

What about you gonky?

Oh damn. I think I remember you mentioned having some episode last summer. But I understand if you don't wanna go into detail. Glad you're still with us.
Iceland sounds like a dope place to visit. And I wouldn't mind seeing another show in Portland myself.

As for me, it's not entirely clear yet. I've been considering game development for a while. Maybe it's time to start. Unity engine might be a good avenue, although I wonder if I need to learn C++ first. My programming/coding skills are pretty much non-existent though lol
Might travel overseas again too. And maintain a more consistent exercise regimen again. I managed to shed 27 lbs/12 kg since April 2018, but there's been very little flux in the last five months.

EDITIDETIDEDEDEDIT: One more thing I forgot to add; I desire a polyphonic keyboard synth in the near future. Possibly a Korg.

Started reading Nietzsche - The birth of tragedy earlier this year but never finished it because I was moving to a new place (and not an easy read IMHO) last book I’ve finished was Elementary Particles by houellebecq

edit : so yes, need to get back to The birth of tragedy and get into it seriously.

Work and travel around Europe and Asia for the first half of the year. After my project contract ends in June I have no idea. Life has been throwing interesting curveballs lately so just expecting the fucking unexpected I guess.

Other than that.. Read a ton of books as usual. Getting a bit bored with making music so maybe try some other creative thing for a change?

4 hours ago, ambergonk said:

EDITIDETIDEDEDEDIT: One more thing I forgot to add; I desire a polyphonic keyboard synth in the near future. Possibly a Korg.

did you know that there is a low-key brilliant composer hiding out in the anchorage woods? she has a tonal plexus and makes lush polyIchromatic shit. i've sent her a message before but haven't managed to get in contact with her.

gonna buy a house and a new vehicle and meet the woman of my dreams and marry her and impregnate her and have a child before the end of the year as well as probably get signed to warp records and release the defining IDM album of the decade that lays forth all the trends and hopes for electronic music going forward and tour all the coolest techno clubs in grimy eurocities and cheat on my wife with lots of sexy euro women but it's okay because we're in an open marriage but only me when i'm on tour not her. and also might write a few novels and go on Oprah and get stupid fucking rich selling them to her audience and then also create some amazing all encompassing artistic works that exist where creativity and technology meet but probably won't push that too hard so i don't totally define all music, writing AND art for the entire decade, seems a bit selfish so just gonna do some cool stuff i guess on the side for that art stuff yknow?

6 hours ago, auxien said:

gonna buy a house and a new vehicle and meet the woman of my dreams and marry her and impregnate her and have a child before the end of the year as well as probably get signed to warp records and release the defining IDM album of the decade that lays forth all the trends and hopes for electronic music going forward and tour all the coolest techno clubs in grimy eurocities and cheat on my wife with lots of sexy euro women but it's okay because we're in an open marriage but only me when i'm on tour not her. and also might write a few novels and go on Oprah and get stupid fucking rich selling them to her audience and then also create some amazing all encompassing artistic works that exist where creativity and technology meet but probably won't push that too hard so i don't totally define all music, writing AND art for the entire decade, seems a bit selfish so just gonna do some cool stuff i guess on the side for that art stuff yknow?

i intend on becoming the Pope in time to perform your wedding ceremony. 

Putting our house on the market in January, have handed notice in at work.

Probably moving to Devon. Hoping that the difference in house prices means I can buy a small plot of woodland where I can set up an eco shack to use as a recording studio. Pipedream but it's a couple of steps closer to reality.

Possibly drink less, cycle more.

Release the music that I've made over the past year or so. Move into a new apartment. Get a better job or at least an interesting one. Nothing terribly exciting.

• 3 months later...

Archived