IGNORED

Joel Brittain - States of Mind

gated

This won't be out for about a month, but seeing as Bleep have already opened it up for preorders I thought I'd post it here. It's clubbier than our other output so I have no idea whether you guys will dig it or not. Anyway, here's our marketing text explaining all the gubbins:

Joel Brittain's music is defined more by what it isn't than by what it is. This is breakbeat... but not, house... but not, electro... but not. Hell, there's even a hint of prog in these expansive, indefinable tracks that switch-up in oh-so-unexpected ways. Perhaps it's because this US-born, UK-based producer has been bubbling in various scenes for so long. Brittain had a string of releases in the 2000s on labels like Wrong, Reverberations, and Tango, plus ran his own label Nonsuch Recordings. But all the while he was busy making music, refining a vast cache of unreleased tracks. It’s from this treasure trove that States of Mind draws, but it still sounds like it could have been made this year. So yes it's breakbeat, yes it's house, and yes it's electro... and it's all the better for it.

Preorder: https://bleep.com/release/162703-joel-brittain-states-of-mind-ep

Clips:

We may have a few white labels to sell at the beginning of Jan, but only a few.

• 5 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Extralife said:

Digitals out now and sounding quite dope.

ah cheers man, I'm expecting this one to sell more via our distributor than Bandcamp because it's really a club/DJ record.. but hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised. Someone left a great review on the Bandcamp already.

https://gatedrecordings.bandcamp.com/album/states-of-mind

Archived