IGNORED

HAPPY NEW YEAR

BCM

6 hours ago, Braintree said:

Happy new year and happy hangovers to you all.

I was surprisingly not hungover this New Year like I expected, even after a couple of 12 oz cans of Modelo, a tall glass of homemade chelada, at least two shots of Crown Royal, and about three sips of cognac. Perhaps the pizza helped, I dunno

• Sad 1

Apparently they love to drink in Uganda, according to the geo-alcoholism map.

1 hour ago, darreichungsform said:

At least they don't put Datura into the beer anymore to make it stronger like back in the days. That's where all the devil sightings from medieval times derive from

Some have allegedly reported bear sightings as well under said influence

• Like 1

There's no way Russia's alcohol consumption is that low.  I've gotten drunk with Russians enough times to know that map is B.S.

Also, datura is seriously scary stuff.  It grows out of control in my hometown and let me tell you, that stuff smells absolutely sick when there's an entire acre dominated by it.  It looks and smells evil enough to give you bad vibes just from its presence.

Edited by drillkicker

2 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

There's no way Russia's alcohol consumption is that low.  I've gotten drunk with Russians enough times to know that map is B.S.

Those were probably western Russians. We tend to forget the Central and East Asian Russians. I believe they drink a bit less

1920px-World_population_density_1994_-_w

Interesting that the Middle East and North Africa appear to have the least alcohol consumption according to that map. Could have something to do with the dominant religion on those regions.

When I lived in Japan a fellow exchange student of Pakistani descent from east London swore not to touch alcohol or pork for the duration of his stay, but that pretty much went out the window about two or three months in.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ambergonk said:

Interesting that the Middle East and North Africa appear to have the least alcohol consumption according to that map. Could have something to do with the dominant religion on those regions.

When I lived in Japan a fellow exchange student of Pakistani descent from east London swore not to touch alcohol or pork for the duration of his stay, but that pretty much went out the window about two or three months in.

When I lived in UAE, the Indian and Pakistani guys would load up shopping carts full of hard liquor at the store, stocking up.  They also couldn't handle their booze for shit, always found guys passed out in the hotel hallways, in elevators, etc.

7 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

Those were probably western Russians. We tend to forget the Central and East Asian Russians. I believe they drink a bit less

1920px-World_population_density_1994_-_w

Your own map shows that’s not the answer. There’s so few eastern Russians they don’t count for much in the statistics.

But what might in fact explain the low numbers is the fact that in Russia beer doesn’t count as alcohol.

• Like 2