IGNORED

HAPPY NEW YEAR

BCM

12 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

It's not wether you're an alcoholic or not, it's how you handle your alcoholism.

568px-Alcohol_consumption_per_capita_wor

Having been in Mongolia I think the statistics are way too low for them.. Also the Iranians like to drink, it's just illegal in Iran so probably does not show up in any statistics.

Yeah, I'm sure this is based on the self-reported data (how else would such statistics be made?), which is inaccurate. But I still think it gives an idea. Map is from 2008

Alcohol_consumption_per_capita_world_map

Edit:

Maybe this list from 2010 is more accurate?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_alcohol_consumption_per_capita

The methodology used by the WHO calculated use by persons 15 years of age or older. All data in columns refer to year 2010. The column "recorded" refers to the average recorded consumption for the period 2010. Unrecorded consumption (homebrew, moonshine, smuggled alcohol, surrogate alcohol etc.) was calculated using empirical investigations and expert judgments.

?‍♀️

Edited by darreichungsform

This one looks better:

overall_tablet_desktop-01.png

1 hour ago, rhmilo said:

Your own map shows that’s not the answer. There’s so few eastern Russians they don’t count for much in the statistics.

But what might in fact explain the low numbers is the fact that in Russia beer doesn’t count as alcohol.

Yes, I mostly meant the central Asians which aren't so few

Edited by darreichungsform

• 1 month later...
On 12/31/2019 at 8:08 PM, zkom said:

I feel like this is going to be simultaneously the best and the worst year of my life so better buckle the fuck up.

Just skated back in to say that this year is surprise after a fucking surprise. Besides the covid-19 fucking up my romantic and social life there are so many unexpected things happening in my personal life that I never saw coming.. And it's only early March..

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

アケオメ ?

I have a feeling there's gonna be more cool shit in 2023 than what we got in 2022. Several promising new game titles, hopefully the next Dune movie, and I'm not gonna speculate about our favorite Warp artists, but...you never know.

I also plan on buying something expensive in late January, but that's all I'm going to say about it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, t yst r said:

How so?

Hope you're not serious...

Got 6 months left of the most boring and soul-sucking uni course ever which is driving me insane, then I need to have found a job by the end of that and I haven't got a clue what to do or where. There's no opportunities where I grew up if I was to stay with my parents and I can't afford to live anywhere else. Need to conjour up money which doesn't exist somehow. This is going to be a long and stressful year of going round in circles.

Nothing serious just a load more insignificant shit piled onto what's existing already.

Edited by milkface
  • Sad 1

Happy New Year IDM Mofo’s

Usually I’m in bed by 11 passed out, so it’s a surprise that I’m here and fairly lucid and kosher. Hope this year is better than last, though it seems I’ve been saying that for half a decade….

Gonna pour myself one last rum and coke ? and then head to bed.

All the fabulous best for 2023 ?

• Like 4