IGNORED

HAPPY NEW YEAR

BCM

ah hah , I just watched the movie "drunk" last night ....and I guess this meme relates to it.

..but eh, I just hope this is humour and you didn't actually fucked up your life somehow

cheers

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Brisbot said:

Lets take a moment to appreciate that 2022 wasn't NEARLY as bad as 2020 and even 2021. From 2019 to 2021 it was just so stressful. Well except the war in Ukraine.

Wait, what? Which 2022 were you living in?

• Like 1

On 1/3/2023 at 11:40 AM, user said:

Wait, what? Which 2022 were you living in?

I said it wasn't as bad by comparison. I never said it was good. My house flooded in 2019, and partially burned down in early 2021 so I may be biased. It didn't feel like the world was coming to an end in 2022.

Another thing is. If you spend time keeping up with the news. You're not going to ever have good years. There is always something shit going on somewhere. And good news doesn't grab attention like bad news does. If there is a slow news day, well let's get this neo-nazi on to talk about how we need to segregate people and how fascism isn't so bad.

I Remember when there was an Ebola "outbreak" a few years back. And there were like... 6-10 known cases overall. And for a few weeks \it would keep coming up in conversation with people, and the news covered each case. And talked about the chances of it getting worse. And I was worried about it at the time along with people I knew. And in the end it was a total joke compared to Covid. And the news STILL spent way too much time covering it when they knew the chances of some major outbreak were slim to none.

So year 2022 > past few years.

Edited by Brisbot

On 1/7/2023 at 7:07 AM, Brisbot said:

I said it wasn't as bad by comparison. I never said it was good. My house flooded in 2019, and partially burned down in early 2021 so I may be biased. It didn't feel like the world was coming to an end in 2022.

Another thing is. If you spend time keeping up with the news. You're not going to ever have good years. There is always something shit going on somewhere. And good news doesn't grab attention like bad news does. If there is a slow news day, well let's get this neo-nazi on to talk about how we need to segregate people and how fascism isn't so bad.

I Remember when there was an Ebola "outbreak" a few years back. And there were like... 6-10 known cases overall. And for a few weeks \it would keep coming up in conversation with people, and the news covered each case. And talked about the chances of it getting worse. And I was worried about it at the time along with people I knew. And in the end it was a total joke compared to Covid. And the news STILL spent way too much time covering it when they knew the chances of some major outbreak were slim to none.

Damn, I’ve had my house flooded twice but the burning partial or entirely I’ve been spared so far, that is some rough shit. 

And it’s definitely true what you say regarding following the news, at least I definitely get a greater sense of impending doom the more I’m engorged. 
Otoh even considering that, here in NL 2022 was a shitshow in terms of politics, gouvernement and the societal consequences etc.

On a personal level for me it’s been progressively worse each year and 2023 seems to be continuing the trend so far.  

Anyway, kinda pointless post by me here. Sorry about that. Hope upward trends continue for everyone and all. 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2023 at 1:07 AM, Brisbot said:

lol, the guy I used to sit next to at work and his wife were on one of those "ebola cruises" out of Houston. They were fucking clueless.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2023 at 5:53 PM, Brisbot said:

Lets take a moment to appreciate that 2022 wasn't NEARLY as bad as 2020 and even 2021. From 2019 to 2021 it was just so stressful. Well except the war in Ukraine.

i would agree that 2022 was better. i went out to restaurants, a couple of shows, saw my family, caught covid and didnt die.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, user said:

Damn, I’ve had my house flooded twice but the burning partial or entirely I’ve been spared so far, that is some rough shit. 

And it’s definitely true what you say regarding following the news, at least I definitely get a greater sense of impending doom the more I’m engorged. 
Otoh even considering that, here in NL 2022 was a shitshow in terms of politics, gouvernement and the societal consequences etc.

On a personal level for me it’s been progressively worse each year and 2023 seems to be continuing the trend so far.  

Anyway, kinda pointless post by me here. Sorry about that. Hope upward trends continue for everyone and all. 

Ah, I hope life will trend upward for you as well.

In terms of Flooding, where I live had two '500 year floods' a few years apart. As in people would say 'this area only gets a flood this bad every few centuries' and then it happened 2 years after that again. TY Climate change. Oh.. my house has flooded 3 times in my life, lol. Caused by Hurricanes. The first was only like.. a foot, but the next two which are more recent were 6-8  feet.

The fire was so surreal, and thankfully only burned up two of the rooms in the house (it started outside the house and made it's way in). But the only reason I woke up in time to see it wasn't because I smelled smoke or even heard anything (maybe I did hear something which woke me up but I am not sure).

The reason I caught the fire 'early'  was because I had to take a leak. And I remember looking at my phone noting it's 4AM in the morning. Getting up, and passing by a window and thinking "Is it really daytime at 4AM? When's daylight savings time again?" Then i looked outside and saw it. "Oh okay so the backyard is on fire.. FUUUUCK". And I know they tell you not to go back for valuables but I wasn't letting my external hard drives with all my music burn. Unfortunately the fire ruined most of my vinyl collection the past 10 years and the player... eh despite all that I am happy to still be alive, lol.

If I hadn't gotten up to take a leak, I don't think I would have died or anything as I could have gotten out the window of my room and the smoke would have eventually woken me up, but for sure much more of the house would have burned up and thankfully I was able to salvage a lot of things after cleaning them of ash.

Oh, and ever since then I have had mild PTSD whenever I see an orange glow outside of a window of a street light, or when I get up at the crack of dawn. Thankfully it's been subsiding and I don't think about the experience much anymore. I'd rather just forget it even happened.

And, I don't sleep in a room without a smoke alarm anymore, lol. A while back I slept in the living room simply because the detector in the bedroom wasn't working right.

Edited by Brisbot

• 11 months later...

After four or five pretty awful years, this year is looking better. Hoping it will be. Strange thing is I've recently learnt that four friends of mine have all had mental breakdowns in the last few years. And not the type of people you would expect such a thing. Strange times. I'm at the dentist at the moment and I haven't been for ages (because I hate the place) so already ticking that giant box on the second day of January. 

Wishing you all the best for 2024 🧃

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1