IGNORED

Decade Wrap-Up

xxx

I dug around to make sure I'm not repeating this idea. Anyway, I took Foobar and sorted my collection by year 2009-2019. I was just gonna dick around but I wound up in a 3 hour trance that was extremely heady. It featured head bobs, tears, laughter and a fuckload of memories.

For each year, I picked out the tracks that were absolutely essential to me and the grand total came to 321. My next move is to consider using the final hours of this day to drill it down to the top 10 tracks of the decade with a contribution from each year....holy fuck it would be daunting. One notable trend is that I listen to less and less music as the years proceed ? 

I can remember my dad barely turning on his stereo after 40, which is what I turned this year. He bought so much less music as well over time. I'm gonna try to keep listening to the youths and the new tunes to keep my brain fluid now that I have this data. Anyway, I attached the word file if anybody's interested in my particular flow. Another find is that Stian (EOD et al) cranked out some of the biggest personal hits for me across these past 10 years. Even though some of the tracks were technically outside the decade, I counted the "official release" as when it was commercially available on Bandcamp and the like. 

Decade.docx

Archived