IGNORED

How to organize music used in mixing softwares

Lachesi

It's always been a nightmare for me. 

I use to mix very different types of music, from 170 bpm rave stuff to psychedelic jazz. But every time I perform, it's always a "ambient-only" set or "slow techno only" set...

At the moment I have different folders for every style, all together in the main library in the software and again split in styles in internal playlists...

Tracks that can belong at the same time at two different folders are duplicated and included in both original folders in hard drive (this produces duplicates in the software)

Plus: are there any issues if the original files are located in external hard disk instead of internal hard drive? 

I organize my tracks on the amount of bleeps and bloops. Generally two to three folders. Maybe one and a half folders for just the bleeps. Bloops can be hard to contain so I lock the folder.

If you have more bloops than bleeps then you'll run into trouble when using an external hard drive. It will catch on fire. The bloops are too fierce and self righteous so PLEASE watch how many you got. It's a matter of safety.

lol @ bleeps and bloops

:cerious: tho, have you used foobar?  In addition to being a great music player, it's really powerful with tagging, organization & management of files, playlists, and as music database tool.  I don't do much mixing in ableton anymore but when I did I'd use foobar as an aux app for keeping shit organized.

Now go spark joy muthafucka!

Archived