IGNORED

Buying vinyl online in the UK

tec

Who is your dealer? I got a record player for Christmas, I would normally want to go in a shop but the closest one is bloody miles away. I don’t buy from Amazon as they are cunts. 

I trust Norman Records — they package brilliantly, and even offer the option to have the records removed from the outer sleeves to stop split spines in transit.

There are reasons why many of us call it Blerp, not Bleep…fuck-ups with orders is definitely a main one.

When I first came down to London I made an effort to try and find a preferred record shop by actually speaking to the people behind the counter.  Nearly everyone was a cunt.  I still remember going into a shop in Islington and asking if a record was priced correctly as it seemed to be massively undervalued.  Got told to fuck off.  To which I replied fuck off yourself mate and never went back.  So even though I work in central London and Berwick street is 5 minutes away I got into the habit of  online.  Things have improved since the 00s when every record shop was staffed by bitter old cunts waiting for the call from the bank manager pulling the plug on their business, but I prefer shopping online now.  Occasionally pop into Phonica and SisterRay. Most record shops seem to be staffed by vaguely clueless children in any case and now I'm the bitter old cunt.  Actual recent record shop conversation:

Do you have the new Tim Hecker on vinyl?

Tin Pecker?

Hecker.

Pecker?

Ha, you can call him that if you want, after seeing him at the Barbican recently I'm going to call him that now.

*searches on shop computer*

I can see you've put Tim Pecker into the search. He's not really called Tim Pecker...

I've bought from all the above mentioned without any major problems.  Bleep cs is excellent.

14 hours ago, oscillik said:

I trust Norman Records — they package brilliantly, and even offer the option to have the records removed from the outer sleeves to stop split spines in transit.

There are reasons why many of us call it Blerp, not Bleep…fuck-ups with orders is definitely a main one.

Norman's packaging is tops, if you pay for extra strong p+p it's almost indestructible, and their combined shipping prices to the US are pretty unbeatable.  Phil is also quick with the customer service.

I pretty much always tend to use Bleep or Norman. Great selection of records and solid customer service on both sites. 

I've heard a couple of horror stories regarding Bleep fudging up orders, but I've used them a lot over the years and personally haven't experienced anything like that.

4 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Norman's packaging is tops, if you pay for extra strong p+p it's almost indestructible, and their combined shipping prices to the US are pretty unbeatable.  Phil is also quick with the customer service.

Yep, Phil is great — I think I had a reply to an email within minutes when I was just making an enquiry. I haven't even needed to request their extra strong packaging, since they do such a fucking awesome job with their standard packaging. I've never ever received a record from them in one of those stupid thin and floppy "card" envelopes.

4 hours ago, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

I pretty much always tend to use Bleep or Norman. Great selection of records and solid customer service on both sites. 

I've heard a couple of horror stories regarding Bleep fudging up orders, but I've used them a lot over the years and personally haven't experienced anything like that.

Unfortunately in my experience, I've had quite a few problems with Blerp — both from an order-fuck-up and customer service perspective. I only use them now if they are the only option available.

• 2 weeks later...

Norman Records are the best.  I've been a stasher with them for about 3 years, but I've been with them for much longer than that.

Customer service is second to none, and the packaging has always been superb.

On the contrary, I've never had an issue with Bleep, and I think they've only improved over the years.  :cerious:  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived