Melted_Self - ONE.LINE

30 seconds in and already there's synths slipping and buckling over. Very nice.

The rest is pretty cool too. Really liking this. ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rhmilo said:

30 seconds in and already there's synths slipping and buckling over. Very nice.

The rest is pretty cool too. Really liking this. ?

Thanks man! Glad you enjoyed it. Hope you enjoyed the rest 

Edited by Stickfigger
  • Like 1

Listened to the whole thing yesterday evening. Was impressed. Love the choppiness and precision/anti-precision (precise anti-precision) and how everything is constantly morphing and shape-shifting and how rich and full of detail everything is. Also dig the Hip Hop influence

• Like 2
6 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

Listened to the whole thing yesterday evening. Was impressed. Love the choppiness and precision/anti-precision (precise anti-precision) and how everything is constantly morphing and shape-shifting and how rich and full of detail everything is. Also dig the Hip Hop influence

Thanks ! Hopefully there is enough there to enjoy , or uncover over a few listens . Ya the tracks on this were originally meant to be spliced between those other,more complex tracks I've posted here recently but as I progressed and the body of work became larger I realised maybe they were better off being their own thing . Time will tell !

6 hours ago, thumbass said:

what the fuck this is amazing

Thanks ! 

• Like 2

ONE.LINE - The T3 Review

Somewhere in the far reaches of some parallel reality (one perhaps a little more sophisticated yet a little more grimy than our own), a new hip-hop King has been crowned in United Conglomerate of Pangea, his coronation soundtracked by the one, the only, Lord Melted. On a day whose sky is a purple haze of shimmering opals, at an event where the imbibing of psychedelic mushrooms is mandatory, One.Line sits as the perfect, throbbing, mutating, head-nod complement to the festivities.

Starting with the instantly enthralling Nrohlfkik, One.Line instantly grabs you by the throat, jerks you forward, and demands you bob your fucking head to the beat. It's probably that sudden insistence levied upon your spine that caused the melody and all sounds to periodically (and appropriately eponymously) melt for a moment, before they spring back into focus, then cascade, whirr, fizzle, and spin off in multitudinous directions, dancing ever at the edge of chaos, though never falling forwards into an unrecoverable stupor (which you might not avoid if you imbibe this whole album in one sitting). 

This sense of roiling, chaotic turmoil is, at times, reminiscent of the ocean: sometimes calm, sometimes a raging torrent, with an ever present, underpinning susurra of the waves. Steadfastly seated in the center of this oceanic melange of sounds is the lighthouse of hip-hop rhythms, beats, and disjointed samples (such as the track Nolikes, which the T3, contrarily, likes very much, very much indeed). They serve to ground, reassure, periodically disappear, become obscured by the ocean surrounding them, only to shine through once again in a blinding display of neck-smashing head noddery (see around 4:50 in Z3R01n for reference).  

Every track here has hidden depths to explore, with multiple layers weaving in and out, organizing, disorganizing, dying and being reborn in some strange, organic dance of life. Like navigating the endless layers of the Mandelbrot set, the spiderweb of sounds remains ever enchanting, eerie, complex, and beautiful. Many of these tracks are 5-7 minutes excursions, with a briefer, and well placed tracks that feel like interludes between some of these longer treks (EscRmx and Alt_Badcases). The album ends like a nuclear reactor spinning a stuttered and shaky, reverberating end, like the last sounds of a robot dying of cardiac arrest. When listened on a loop, the last track seamlessless (however unintentionally) fits with the first track as the end/beginning of a cycle. Maybe this is the the sound that an android's lifecycle would make, if it had a soul. 

Alas, we have come to the end. And, in the end, everything must die, even the King. In accordance with the great rules of the Pangean court, let us remember our Ruler with the music that so moved him, and we, his subjects. Wiping our tears away, we raise our lossless music players to the sky, hit repeat, recall his coronation and cry to the heavens:

"The King is dead!

. . . .Now shake your fucking asses!"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Burger 2
  • Farnsworth 1
On 1/8/2020 at 9:39 PM, Stickfigger said:

Thanks ! Hopefully there is enough there to enjoy , or uncover over a few listens . Ya the tracks on this were originally meant to be spliced between those other,more complex tracks I've posted here recently but as I progressed and the body of work became larger I realised maybe they were better off being their own thing . Time will tell !

Interesting that you consider these less complex! To someone who hasn't created these tracks they appear very intricate. But haven't listened too often as of yet but working on changing that. You definitely struck a chord. Hope you will release many more albums in the future that are equally coherent. Because incoherence and tracks not fitting each other is what mostly makes me not listen to albums, even if the individual tracks are good. This is not a problem here

• Like 4

^^, Eh well they are written with the same set up as the more complex tracks, but i guess a) the beats on these tracks are a bit more 'hip hop' oriented so this has an impact on perceived 'complexity', and b) the tracks are shorter in general than some of the other stuff i'm doing which leads to less compositional complexity.. 

Interesting point on coherency. Normally i put out stuff as i'm making it but with the current set of tracks i'm doing i've sat on them for a lot longer which has allowed me more time to reflect on them, group them, and cull them! 

I'm hoping to spend the second half of this year working on my hybrid live/dj setup so will try to incorporate some of the discarded tracks into those sets ?

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...