IGNORED

NAMM 2020 : The thread

d-a-m-o

one week left until Namm 2020. Curious about it mainly because I guess we're at the end of the analog revival (thanks to Behringer)

what are you looking forward to ? Hyped to ear more demo of the UDO super 6 , hope Elektron finally release the successor of the machinedrum.

I am looking forward to having some time this week to tinker around with my generative Pure Data patch.

The last few years have been crazy both analog and digital stuff, so it's quite difficult to be excited for anything really. It seems like the next exciting thing is more like some new philosophy or workflow innovation, not really some concrete piece of gear. Kind of like the way Live brought a new way to jam/record, Elektron with the insanely cool workflows, Eurorack with a standardised modular ecosystem.

The most exciting physical gear for me these days is cheap-ass old video equipment from the 90s, but I don't have the space to go too deep in to it because it's as bulky as it is cheap.  Probably a good thing.

EDIT: that and 4U modular but I am not going down that path yet. (yet)

Although full disclosure I bought 50 cheap banana jacks (if you get the kind that are open in the back they're about $0.15 each) on eBay the other day as a gesture of my future commitment.

I hope Akai bring out a sampler that's more compact that the Akai MPC Live and cheaper too. I think its a great sampler though and I'd love to get one if I had the money!!!

35 minutes ago, d-a-m-o said:

woooow so it's not a fake ! super hyped !

just a prototype though. apparently it's not playable and is a year away from release or something. that's the scuttlebutt around the watercooler anyways.. 

20 minutes ago, ignatius said:

just a prototype though. apparently it's not playable and is a year away from release or something. that's the scuttlebutt around the watercooler anyways.. 

Sweet. Time to save. 

Archived