IGNORED

Ohmforce lives!

ignatius

stoked about this. i love their plug ins. they still sound awesome but need gui updates and other stuff. nice to know they'll live on and get some love. happy to pay for updates to bring them into the modern world. 

https://blog.ohmforce.com/2020-catalina-and-new-releases/

Good memories of running these in a 100% legitimate backup copy of Sonic Foundry Acid on my Pentium II.

Back in the mid 2000s my band played a show with a band whose gimmick was that one of them used to work for Bose and stole the plans for every Bise speaker ever made when he quit. They had made themselves a 4.1 quad PA from some of the old designs with a 1'x12'x12' subwoofer that the whole band actually stood on top of like a riser. everyone DIed and they ran the whole baand through Ohmboyz running on a laptop with a preset that did a bunch of filtered, quad panning delay. Was gimmicky but sounded great.

Imagine an analog, hardware version of Ohmboyz.

All jokes aside, the new interface looks kind of cluttered and hard to follow.  Goofy as the old one is, it has really strong visual cues, the new one is just a sea of identical looking controls on grey. And I don't usually like skeuomorphic interfaces much.

19 hours ago, TubularCorporation said:

All jokes aside, the new interface looks kind of cluttered and hard to follow.  Goofy as the old one is, it has really strong visual cues, the new one is just a sea of identical looking controls on grey. And I don't usually like skeuomorphic interfaces much.

Yeah, this new interface seems to have taken its cues from the Jony Ive complete devoid of contrast school school of design. Might be suitable for toilet bowls and other bits of sanitation porcelain, but not so much for software.

52 minutes ago, thawkins said:

Hey now just because my music sounds like shit, it does not mean I used my laptop to make it!

Wait, I meant that the other way around!

That explains it ... I use a laptop that wouldn't look out of place as a soap dispenser. No wonder my music sounds like crap.

Archived