IGNORED

KORG Has Brought the ARP 2600 Back!

Joyrex

1 hour ago, xox said:

Or just a desktop module, would be even better imo

i'd be happy w/either but having a 2 octave KB means i could sit on the couch w/headphones on and make patches for hours.  i love to do that. a small KB like the size of the nord modular mk1 KB would be dope. 

13 hours ago, xox said:

i guess that it's not worth the money?

I think it is worth the money if what you want is that sound in that hardware. I.e. you are a dad who wants a Harley Davidson. 

It's not worth the money if what you want is something to push the limits and break some completely new ground - there are cheaper and better ways to do that, and probably no matter how much money you spend, you can not avoid putting in the time to develop your skills as an artist to get to that goal.

I agree with what's already been written but...

If and when korg does the mini version, depending on the price, I think it would provide an excellent core for a modular system, regardless of whether you want to go vintage analogue or not.

Will be interesting to see what the price point for the mini will be given the barp 2600 is coming.

I’d love to replace my ms20 mini with a mini desktop/module version. Full size is nice but just means more adapter cables if you want to do some euro intermingling. 

On 1/12/2020 at 4:09 PM, ignatius said:

with all these reissues the youtube clips of dad-bod pudgy white dudes in their den playing the intro or synth part of their fav epic prog rock tune or 80s new wave tune will continue to swallow the bandwidth on youtube.

Nailed it

Archived