IGNORED

The Vatican Library Goes Online

ManjuShri

...and Digitizes Tens of Thousands of Manuscripts, Books, Coins, and More

https://digi.vatlib.it/

http://www.openculture.com/2020/01/the-vatican-library-goes-online-and-digitizes-tens-of-thousands-of-manuscripts-books-coins-and-more.html

The Vatican Apostolic Library, known as "VAT," has grown a bit over the past five and a half centuries. Today it contains around 75,000 codices and 85,000 incunabula (which Esparza defines as "editions made between the invention of the printing press and the 16th century") amid a total of over one million volumes.

And in the case of increasingly many of these documents, you no longer have to make the journey to Vatican City to see them. Thanks to an ongoing digitization project launched a decade ago, increasingly many have become searchable and downloadable on DigiVatLib, a database of the Vatican Library’s digitized collections including not just the aforementioned codices and incunabula but "archival materials and inventories as well as graphic materials, coins and medals."

Michael Jackson met with The Knights Of Templar in Jerusalem and laid down some dance moves. They practically shit themselves. The rest is history, and why we celebrate Columbus Day in the U.S. 

mmhmm. probably so. but the bigger problem is when 'upper management', all the way up to the vatican, actively engages in covering it up. they'd just move priests who got caught to other places instead of turning them over to local authorities. by covering it up for so long and literally protecting offenders, the vatican was essentially endorsing the behavior and ensuring it continued on a massive scale. to be fair.

i'm not just talking about some priests, i'm talking about the vatican itself. which seems to have been supportive of molesting kids. and they're still doing the same shit, what a joke https://apnews.com/ae64aa69d90043caaa38e52ee58eae2c

why the fuck is this even legal? why isn't the church held accountable for covering this stuff up and not turning these guys over to police? why do they get to 'police' themselves? anyone else touches a kid, they go to JAIL. not if the pope has your back tho

aanyways. i'd be interested to glance at the library to see if any of the apocryphal (doubt it?) texts are in there but i'm sure it'd be in languages i can't read. plus you know they're keeping all the secret, illuminati shit in the vault

This is awesome. (The Vatican making accessible what might very well be the largest collection of pre-modern Western European art and science anywhere in the world, that is, not the knee jerk “hur-hur pedo” nonsense).

Archived