IGNORED

Vladislav Delay - Rakka

Extralife

6 hours ago, auxien said:

should be similar to/versions of this type of stuff. very intense and dark, can't wait to hear it in high quality recorded versions.

very curious if it's anything like this 4sure

On 1/16/2020 at 2:27 PM, donquixote said:

last time i checked his studio was wank worthy for those who get turned on by that stuff. 

Apparently he sold off a lot of equipment before the hiatus.

https://crackmagazine.net/article/long-reads/five-year-exile-vladislav-delay-ready-return/

• Like 1

I've registered on this forum just to show my interest in this release. I seen V live at Cafe Oto in London and his performance blew me away - really it was stunning. Aggressive, fierce, modern.

I'm so happy to have found a place where anyone has an interest in Vladislav Delay, never mind even know who he is.

I've seen V live about 5 times now, and he never fails to impress. 'Visa' was, in my opinion, a masterpiece of contemporary music, and a significant release. I think Rakka has a strong possibility of surpassing that. Vinyl pre-ordered at boom kat.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, 714681746476436 said:

I've registered on this forum just to show my interest in this release. I seen V live at Cafe Oto in London and his performance blew me away - really it was stunning. Aggressive, fierce, modern.

I'm so happy to have found a place where anyone has an interest in Vladislav Delay, never mind even know who he is.

I've seen V live about 5 times now, and he never fails to impress. 'Visa' was, in my opinion, a masterpiece of contemporary music, and a significant release. I think Rakka has a strong possibility of surpassing that. Vinyl pre-ordered at boom kat.

Visa is amazing! Although I wouldn't call it his best work after diving into his discog over the past few days, it's definetely in the top 3. Hyped as fuck for Rakka.

Also welcome to WATMM

Thank you for the welcome.

The reason I see Visa as being his best work is that it appears to be the one with the least compromises. Long form music, very unusual rhythms, lots of dissonance. I think it's what he's been trying to create this whole time.

Personally, my favorite is The Four Quarters.

• Like 2

heya, welcome. i agree that Visa is his best and is absolutely a masterpiece. hoping Rakka is a continuation of that quality, seems like it may be given the little we've heard so far

3 minutes ago, auxien said:

heya, welcome. i agree that Visa is his best and is absolutely a masterpiece. hoping Rakka is a continuation of that quality, seems like it may be given the little we've heard so far

It's definitely going to be wayy rougher than Visa but that's not necessarily a bad thing