IGNORED

Vladislav Delay - Rakka

Extralife

4 hours ago, Richie Sombrero said:

He's one of a very few artists I would travel to see that I've not. Wish I could have made that Oto gig.

The gig in Oto was amazing. Within 10 seconds, he made all the other musicians seem antiquated. It was genuinely astonishing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

I've not listened to any VD but i will over the weekend because of the hype going on in this thread.

is quite good, id probs start w whistleblower although I haven't listened to that much of their discogs myself

Was playing my LP of Vapaa Muurari yesterday, stunning release.

https://www.discogs.com/Uusitalo-Vapaa-Muurari/release/34070

Most of his back catalogue is surprisingly good value too. I imagine that will change in years to come.

Edited by Richie Sombrero
  • Thanks 1

I had listened to Entain quite a while ago, but for some reason or another it didn't grab me. I've absolutely loved everything I've heard of his since then. Well...The Present Lover might've had the euro house cheese turned up just a *bit* too high for me, but aside from that it's all top notch.

Love how this guy goes from interesting precise sonic fuckery to "euro house cheese" as NI64 calls it above and back seemlessly. There's a lot of his career I haven't heard yet, so I look forward to catching up more and listening to this once it's out.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty good! Might need a few more listens to see if it's among his best. I get tired of the harsher textures but it's thankfully a shorter release so less chance of fatigue. Love the contrast of the sharper sounds against the windy ambiance.

Thanks VLAD

Only heard the Boomkat previews so far but ...... WOW ! Can't wait to purchase and listen to the full thing, kinda Ben Frost-y freezing-cold-anger but with flickers of full on techno shenanigans and quick OPN - GoD asides

On 2/27/2020 at 11:12 AM, Blir said:

Pretty good! Might need a few more listens to see if it's among his best. I get tired of the harsher textures but it's thankfully a shorter release so less chance of fatigue

That's my only concern mind - The relentlessness of the machine guns and hyper trains on fire might tire my old ears out quickly!

Narrator: It didn't. The ambient droney loveliness is quite high in the mix and the angry runaway trains more in the background with no harsh resonances to make his ears tire out.