IGNORED

AGE - The Orion Years (25th Anniversary)

gated

14 hours ago, Extralife said:

Never heard this before.  Right up my alley.

His real name is Thomas P Heckmann. Been around for a long time. You may have heard of his Drax alias. Especially the tune called Amphetamine. Well worth checking out his other stuff

4 hours ago, paranoid-666 said:

His real name is Thomas P Heckmann. Been around for a long time. You may have heard of his Drax alias. Especially the tune called Amphetamine. Well worth checking out his other stuff

Will do, man. Loving the vibes in this. 

On 1/18/2020 at 3:57 AM, paranoid-666 said:

Grabbed the AGE digital, and the Drax "Mental Plane" release from his bandcamp -- both lush.

What other stuff of his would you recommend in this style?  I see a lot is much harder edged straight-up techno, which is not really my thing. 

• 3 years later...

Thomas Heckmann has been around for, well, AGEs, and has produced music under countless monikers and on various labels. He's best known for his acid works, and as mentioned, Drax's "Amphetamine" is an absolute classic. I also really like what he's done with Knarz, Trope or Welt in Scherben over the years.

If you're into this more melodic and mellow side of his, you should also check out the Lost Tales series released under his own name on Pete Namlook's FAX label and Carpe Sonum. There are six installments, you'll find them on Bandcamp (sorry I'm on mobile rn and can't get them to embed). There's lots of good stuff on there.

Edited by IDEM
  • Thanks 1