IGNORED

Radiohead Public Library

T3551ER

https://radiohead.com/ 

It's. .  it's everything. Like, literally everything they have ever done, in any medium, organized by album. Kid A blips, from the basement recordings webcasts, concert recordings, boxset artworks, MPIE, music videos, EP's, singles, .. . . Everything. 

yeah, one hopes but. . . does doing something like this suggest that, like, they are nearing the end? That this is the "our history is over, here it is" final post? 

(sincerely hope not, would believe they have at least one more great album in them, if not a few more)

wouldnt dare to speculate. would be even happy with a collection of older unreleased works. but hey, even their new albums consist of old stuff. so what do i know.

should have gone full aphex and put music on there. tight cunts. 

....or Iridial even.

Thom plz.

...also the website design is well turn of the millennium. just needs a bad connection and some flash.  

Im mostly meh about it all unless someone can point me at something good that i couldnt be bothered to navigate to.

Well, I suppose the value is proportional to your investment/adoration of Radiohead's stuff throughout the years. Loads here that have been only available in either partial, extremely obscure, or low quality. I think most insane Radiohead fans (i.e., most of us) probably spent many years collecting a lot of this stuff piecemeal, often via archaic methods like buying bootleg CD's, staying up late and recording performances on VHS tapes, and/or trading with other folks. To have it all collected in one place is basically like 20 year old me's wet dream. To have it be provided freely is generous (with exception of major releases which they kindly link to each purchase and/or streaming via spotify or apple music, for which I can barely blame them - some of the more obscure things, like the cassette tape from OKNOOK they are hosting for free...) 

Random good stuffs: 

Plus just a ton of concert and live performance videos. Think that's probably the big "get" here, even to a passing fan, but also a huge boon if you are a fan of the artwork and aesthetics, as they've reproduced all the marketing, booklets, etc.. . .

3 hours ago, T3551ER said:

yeah, one hopes but. . . does doing something like this suggest that, like, they are nearing the end? That this is the "our history is over, here it is" final post? 

(sincerely hope not, would believe they have at least one more great album in them, if not a few more)

Some interview like a year or so ago, they said they felt they had a few more albums in them so yeah. However I don't think there will be many left, maybe 3/4 more if we're lucky.

5 hours ago, goDel said:

nice

hopefully new album soonish?

Time is going by so fast for me now, their last album feels like it came out 1.5 years ago, but no it's been over 3 years. I'm not ready for a new one, lol.

43 minutes ago, T3551ER said:

• The Kid A blips - https://radiohead.com/library#kida/blips - these were played during, iirc, the extreme late hours of the evening on MTV.... brief, odd, unnerving interjections into the stock MTV opiate programming. 

oh wow I remember these...I think they also had some sort of interactive website map back then before Kid A came out, where some of these were viewable when you would click on certain ares of the map...or I could be confusing it with BoC's old site...damn Kid A was 20 years ago...

3 hours ago, Brisbot said:

Time is going by so fast for me now, their last album feels like it came out 1.5 years ago, but no it's been over 3 years. I'm not ready for a new one, lol.

Nice I'll check these. Cheers for the effort.

8 hours ago, T3551ER said:

Random good stuffs: 

Plus just a ton of concert and live performance videos. Think that's probably the big "get" here, even to a passing fan, but also a huge boon if you are a fan of the artwork and aesthetics, as they've reproduced all the marketing, booklets, etc.. . .

Great post, nailed it. The Just video did indeed melt my teenage brain down into a radioactive puddle. Awesome one, and in 1080p now!

19 hours ago, Richie Sombrero said:

I'm excited for Kid A era rarities hopefully this year, Thom alluded to super plans for 20th anniversary. I'd say there's a lot more interesting stuff in the tank from round then compared to OKC. 

Hope so. I always loved Radiohead, but Kid A did something else to me when it came out. 

Damn I’m getting old ?

I haven't done a deep dive into this yet, just kind of browsed, checked out a few things. But it's pretty nice of them to do this. Good job, Radioheadz. 

I love some B sides from the OK Computer era. I don't know if these are in this archive or not.

Archived