IGNORED

Four Tet - Sixteen Oceans (may 2020)

scumtron

On 1/23/2020 at 3:28 AM, thumbass said:

i fucking hate the track titles, but then again... I have always hated four tets track titles

I’ve listened to the album. The lyrics to Love Salad are as lewd and graphic as you’d expect. What a perv

• Like 1

16 tracks? is this gonna be a double album? i'm not used to him having these shorter interludes on his albums.

if these are "normal" length tracks - between 3 and 4 mins -  it might just fit within 80 mins, i guess?

Baby's cool, definite back2thestart vibes. Plus, it's practically a dancefloor bomb compared to pretty much anything on his last album. Which I like, really, but never realized was so ironically titled until I listened to it again today.

Kieran has been signed to OWSLA and from what i've seen lately, i predict he will be diluting himself for the american edm audience. He's taking cues from Burial's percussion and the deep house trend a few years ago and making himself into something "new" for the domestic zeitgeist. I believe in a year he will be doing b2b with skrillex on main stages across the country. Mixed feelings there

Marginally excited for new album though

2 hours ago, BoomTssPhace said:

Kieran has been signed to OWSLA and from what i've seen lately, i predict he will be diluting himself for the american edm audience. He's taking cues from Burial's percussion and the deep house trend a few years ago and making himself into something "new" for the domestic zeitgeist. I believe in a year he will be doing b2b with skrillex on main stages across the country. Mixed feelings there

Marginally excited for new album though

Hasn’t he already been doing b2b with Skrillex?? 

Anyway, yeah this new tune is meh.

Going to go against the grain here and say this latest track is my favorite thing he's done in the last couple of years.

Actually Teenage Birdsong is up there too, not sure about the video but I liked the tune better than Only Human, Dreamer, or some of those weird Wingdings tracks (although there was a really good one in there, the one with the vaporwavey window artwork).

So I guess that makes me kind of hopeful for this album.