IGNORED

Four Tet - Sixteen Oceans (may 2020)

scumtron

Yes just came here to post this. The double whammy of Love Salad and Insect Near Piha beach is ? ? delicious!

Edited by beer badger

Great album for putting a little cheer into ones heart. Which is at the moment is a blessing. 

Thanks Mr Four Tet ?

Edited by beer badger

Ah! Harpsichord is another tasty little gem ? as is Something in the Sadness ?

Definitely a clutch of great tunes to tuck into on this sonic picnic, but also a load of Four Tet Mr Nice Guy MOR Candy Floss 

Find the ? and this album will serve your :braindance: well 

Hoof it!!

Edited by beer badger
  • Like 1

have to disagree with just about everyone, i cant get into this at all.

so much of it sounds like four tet by numbers, its full of cheesy 'ethereal female vocal' that comes in at the most expected time, even the use of arps and the sound pallette are almost the same as the last album.

and the interludes (esp hi hello) literally sound like he busted out ableton at the breakfast table and noodled for 5m over a cup of coffee.  theres just nothing there.

• Like 1

Different people different tastes I guess

I haven't been able to get into a four tet record at all over the past 8 years but for some reason this sounds like a breath of fresh air to me

Edited by thumbass
  • Like 1

i will say, the beat to Romantics is very lush.  id happily fold some laundry to that bad boy *slaps roof of Romantics

My disappointment is that i could seemingly shuffle the tracks between this and New Energy, and all the tracks would all sit together politely with their elbows tucked in as to not get in one another's way

Edited by markedone

• 3 weeks later...

And over here!

Some of these tunes are easily some of his best. They sparkle with colourful energy. 

And there was me with this album firmly in the crosshairs of my bazooka with my finger gently squeezing the trigger, and ready to blow it to kingdom come!

✋ *high five*

Edited by beer badger
  • Like 1

I agree with @markedone about the sound pallette being similar to the last album, but for me that's not a deal breaker. I also agree with others saying this is the best thing he's done in 10 years - since There is Love.

I still think Pause is my favorite. Lot of nostalgia with that one. I lost interest after, then came back around with There is Love. The stuff he's released after that has been decent, but I rarely came back to it. This new one has been getting a lot of plays recently, hopefully it holds up over time.

I'm really not a big fan of Four Tet, I think he writes clever but mostly very polite and mostly middle-of-the-road electronic music. Can't explain why, but some of these tracks just fizz and pop in certain directions my ears seem quite fond of.

There Is Love is also my favourite album of his. That album and this one are my favourites. 

In all seriousness the man looks pale and weak. And pathetic. He doesn't look very well.

Just imagine having his job? Think about it. What a fucking nightmare. Even the mantra The internets busiest music nerd

It just sounds old and tired, just like you would be if you were put up on a pedestal to be the head honcho opinion of every 'cool' record released. Man I couldn't think of anything worse. The best music as old timers know may take years to click and reach their peak. Yet there is this fucking buffoon giving a big opinion on something he, even if he has, actually listened too.

It's just horse shit. Epic horseshit. However the line...

It sounds part meditation soundtrack, part microscopic dance party for glowstick wielding fairies.....that are in an idyllic forest setting

is excellent. I'm jealous I never thought up that! Heheh.

Anyway I'm never posting on this thread again! 

Edited by beer badger

Dunno, "idyllic forest setup" sounds a bit lazy, somewhat anticlimactic after the buildup. Maybe he was indeed too "busy" to put more love and care into it. Oh well.

I respect Fantano but I fear he has gone the way of Stephen Colbert. A slave. I wonder if it pains him to review the 5332355th trap rap flavor of the week. My god. It has to take some kind of toll. He probably has no time to be himself and has to fake enthusiasm for some bullshit just like some corporate cocksucking pig.

Me? I’m on a skeleton crew as an essential worker making drugs like it’s wartime and I feel so alive. I fear death, but respect it. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...