IGNORED

Four Tet - Sixteen Oceans (may 2020)

scumtron

spun this yesterday while chilling with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc, and as Extralife says has a nice bright vibe going on

think I'll repeat the exact same process a bit later today

These are both great, $10 for the pair on Bandcamp is a no brainer. Parallel is really pretty, he’s leaning a bit more into some new age sounds (I mean this in a complimentary way) and there’s more piano work than I’m used to. A most welcome relaxer of an album after the year its been.

871 is pretty unique! There are a few tracks that really give you an idea of where he was going with Pause and Rounds. 871 0018 in particular stands out to me. Liking this a lot! Some weirder sounding vignettes that I’m not used to hearing from him but they’re pretty cool nonetheless. 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2020 at 8:37 PM, manmower said:

Going to go against the grain here and say this latest track is my favorite thing he's done in the last couple of years.

Actually Teenage Birdsong is up there too, not sure about the video but I liked the tune better than Only Human, Dreamer, or some of those weird Wingdings tracks (although there was a really good one in there, the one with the vaporwavey window artwork).

So I guess that makes me kind of hopeful for this album.

I knew I'd heard Parallel 2 before. Also boy, was I ever a dick back in January.

https://00000ooooo.bandcamp.com/track/--6

Edited by manmower

excellent wine pairing there @beerwolf. Four Tet is totally on the Sauv Blanc side of things when it comes to electronic music. not as fruity as say a Chard, not nearly as dark and heavy as a Cab. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, zero said:

excellent wine pairing there @beerwolf. Four Tet is totally on the Sauv Blanc side of things when it comes to electronic music. not as fruity as say a Chard, not nearly as dark and heavy as a Cab. 

maybe wine pairings with electronic music would be an interesting new theme, ICBYD would be Chablis, whereas Polygon Window suggests a Durif Shiraz ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thumbass said:

I never understood how people can drink wine. I just really hate the taste!

Parallel 2 is probably my favorite track right now.

When I was 6 I used to hate the taste of my dads beer, aargggghhhhhhh! I'm never drinking beer I proclaimed. 

20 million pints later.......

Anyway gonna give this another whirl in a minute. Maybe check out 871 as well. There's not much else going on this sleepy Tuesday

Edited by beerwolf

1 hour ago, beerwolf said:

When I was 6 I used to hate the taste of my dads beer, aargggghhhhhhh! I'm never drinking beer I proclaimed. 

20 million pints later.......

Anyway gonna give this another whirl in a minute. Maybe check out 871 as well. There's not much else going on this sleepy Tuesday

Hahaha that's true, maybe I am too young to appreciate the fine tastes of a good wine. Time will tell I guess. 

I haven't returned to 871 either, It's nice but not something I have the urge to really return to all that much.

Edited by thumbass

So what early Autechre track does Parallel 1 remind me of?

Ahh yes its Slip :braindance:

(has a Chenin Blanc vibe to it, particularly from South Africa)

Edited by beerwolf
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...