IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

Vox's Explained docu series on Netflix does a good job of explaining the bird flu from the 90s. Animals and humans in close proximity that share viruses that mutate into versions that can infect humans. This sounds like a similar situation.

One more reason to stop eating meat.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, hijexx said:
52 minutes ago, Braintree said:

One more reason to stop eating meat.

I eat a plant based diet. Animals eat plants, I eat animals, thus I eat plants. It’s only logical.

ok boomer

• Like 4

While the seasonal flu is still more deadly...waaay more deadly.... no, not worried. Yet. 

Apparently, when you're infected with this one, you'll start to dance a lot.

First musically transmitted flu?

Edited by goDel
  • Farnsworth 1

China doing things to the extreme to keep this locked down:

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3047278/wuhan-goes-shutdown-china-tries-contain-deadly-coronavirus

Since it's already outside Wuhan, that adage about closing the bar door firmly applies.

Anyway, 700 cases and 17 people dead? That's not even a rounding error when talking about the world's population.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html#cdc-response

Yeah mostly seems to be killing the frail right now.

China would be fairly used to treating these health crises by now. Even with the relative political dominance of their Communist Party, the domestic issues that government regularly has to deal with would probably send a lot of western leaders insane.

It is certainly not in the realm of Ebola, the mismanaged Sars or the recent Asian influenzas just yet.

I downed me so many Coronas this weekend, I surely had a virus.

j/k I didn't drink any Coronas this weekend.  in fact, I never drink Corona, unless it's handed to me with a lime wedge in the top.  Sorry not sorry.

17 hours ago, goDel said:

While the seasonal flu is still more deadly...waaay more deadly.... no, not worried. Yet. 

Apparently, when you're infected with this one, you'll start to dance a lot.

First musically transmitted flu?

serious as a dancer, rhythm is a cancer

• Like 2
  • Haha 1