IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

2 hours ago, ignatius said:

it's in the constitution that if there is no election then the line of succession takes effect and the speaker of the house takes office of the presidency. 

it says very plainly that the president's term ends jan 20th.  

i think we'll see more states vote by mail. also, the national vote  by mail act my get traction. there's a couple people in congress pushing that. we'll see though. 

That's exactly right, if no general election is held before January 20, 2021, at 12:01pm Trump and Pence automatically forfeit their offices.  That would mean President Nancy Pelosi (D) and Vice President Chuck Grassley (R).  Imagine that debacle, and the shouts of a coup or whatever other uneducated slang the right would use, even though the VP would be a Republican.   

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-03-17/no-trump-cant-postpone-the-november-election-but-thats-the-first-question

I’m not one to panic but I’m starting to worry about some of my underlying healthy issues. Irony that it takes something like this for it to sink in but... being a bit overweight, hypertensive, asthma... I think I’m at a high risk here. ? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

I’m not one to panic but I’m starting to worry about some of my underlying healthy issues. Irony that it takes something like this for it to sink in but... being a bit overweight, hypertensive, asthma... I think I’m at a high risk here. ? 

i could stand to lose 30 pounds. the chemo drug i take daily beats up my immune system some but it's still working. i got over a cold a few weeks ago actually. so i'm glad for that. if i think too much about it i'll worry and have to find ways  to reassure myself that i'll be fine so long as i keep away from people.

if you stick to the rules of social distancing and only going out when you need to you'll be ok. after a couple days of paying attention to all the info and watching a bit of news and following some reddit stories i had to quit tuning in because it's jus overwhelming and was stressing me out. 

so don't panic. keep it together. stay busy or occupied and all that stuff. the only thing that makes me get a little tweaky is when i think about going out to the store in 4 or 5 days to restock. i have a mask that my primary care doc gave me a while ago when i was sick and waiting the lobby to be seen. so i can wear that and just not touch anything that i'm not putting in my cart. then as soon as i get home washing my hands. 

i just try to be smart and conscious of what i'm doing and not get hyper self conscious about it. 

• Like 3

Just now, ignatius said:

i could stand to lose 30 pounds. the chemo drug i take daily beats up my immune system some but it's still working. i got over a cold a few weeks ago actually. so i'm glad for that. if i think too much about it i'll worry and have to find ways  to reassure myself that i'll be fine so long as i keep away from people.

if you stick to the rules of social distancing and only going out when you need to you'll be ok. after a couple days of paying attention to all the info and watching a bit of news and following some reddit stories i had to quit tuning in because it's jus overwhelming and was stressing me out. 

so don't panic. keep it together. stay busy or occupied and all that stuff. the only thing that makes me get a little tweaky is when i think about going out to the store in 4 or 5 days to restock. i have a mask that my primary care doc gave me a while ago when i was sick and waiting the lobby to be seen. so i can wear that and just not touch anything that i'm not putting in my cart. then as soon as i get home washing my hands. 

i just try to be smart and conscious of what i'm doing and not get hyper self conscious about it. 

Thanks man - I have pretty bad anxiety so I think what you're referring to, a bit of information overload on the subject, reading about it literally everywhere, might be getting to me. I'm going to try and disconnect from the topic a bit other than checking on close family and friends and some of y'all in here. Take the weekend off from mainstream news and facebook.

Good advice, I appreciate it. Stay safe and well...

• Like 2

Just now, ignatius said:

buy delivered groceries so you don't have to go to the store, there's lots of canned food on Amazon Fresh for instance

4 minutes ago, ignatius said:

the chemo drug i take daily beats up my immune system some but it's still working.

I'm in remission from cancer almost 27 years

I eat Rick Simpson Oil

and Dab Distillate

keeps me Healthy and my lungs clear:)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think I'll try Costco again first thing tomorrow morning, even knowing the chance that they might be outta buttwipe. Have to start thinking like a doomsday prepper for basic rations & shit, but at the same time not act like one of those panic hoarders.

Amazing what we've taken for granted just a month ago...wipe, hand soap/sanitizer, disinfectant spray and wipes, all pretty much worth gold now. 

8 minutes ago, Zeffolia said:

buy delivered groceries so you don't have to go to the store, there's lots of canned food on Amazon Fresh for instance

my local store is close and full of all kinds of good local stuff. they're good about keeping things stocked. it's not like costco with big lines and crowds. i avoid amazon as much as possible. when i went last week people were basically socially distanced in the store. seems like the message is received here or at least in the store. the cashiers were spacing people out too. if i drive up and there's a line out the door i'll just keep driving and then i'll order food on line. 

4 minutes ago, diatoms said:

I'm in remission from cancer almost 27 years

I eat Rick Simpson Oil

and Dab Distillate

keeps me Healthy and my lungs clear:)

that's great! 27 years is a good long time. i hope it stays the fuck gone!

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ignatius said:

the only thing that makes me get a little tweaky is when i think about going out to the store in 4 or 5 days to restock. i have a mask that my primary care doc gave me a while ago when i was sick and waiting the lobby to be seen. so i can wear that and just not touch anything that i'm not putting in my cart. then as soon as i get home washing my hands. 

wasnt it you who said you got a cyberpunk mask? use that shit

also btw wiping shit down shit from the outside world is looking like it's not a bad idea... especially in the bad areas

Edited by very honest

1 minute ago, very honest said:

wasnt it you who said you got a cyberpunk mask? use that shit

also btw wiping shit down shit from the outside world is looking like it's not a bad idea... especially in the bad areas

i got a few canned beverages from the local convenience store yesterday and put them in the sink with soap and water and washed them off. 

my cyberpunk mask hasn't arrived yet. ordered it on line a while ago and it's yet to ship. sigh

^ man. food stores are scary. i'm actually thinking i will set an alarm for 4 am and go to the 24 hour store. 

1 hour ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

hypertension is included in at least some lists of conditions correlated with severe symptoms from covid. overweight only correlated for people who are seriously overweight. 

play it smart, man. make smart moves. stay safe.

resource of info for conditions correlated with severe symptoms.

Edited by very honest

28 minutes ago, iococoi said:

that trump :facepalm:

NbxuiCi.jpg

In case people were wondering, this is more about diplomatic  bullying between China and Us than it is about racism or Trump being an idiot. This is what diplomacy has become in the age of Trump. And it goes both ways btw.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/18/coronavirus-china-trade-136188

That it may also enhance some racist tendencies can almost be seen like a byproduct. There's an argument here, obviously. But the narrative that Trump is simply being racist (and doesn't know what hes doing) is oblivious to the fact it's a conscious part of this diplomatic bullying thats been going on for a while now, as far as I'm concerned. 

• Thanks 2

4th lockdown day here in France and some rumors about more restrictions because of course , lots of people don’t give a fuck and go outside like it’s nothing. It’s like suddenly everyone got a passion for running, whole family walking the dog 5 times a day, feel like I’m living in a South Park episode...

• Like 1

So far no big problems with self-isolation. Remote work during day and go for walks or running at least once a day then play Zelda on Switch and watch Netflix and Youtube during evenings. Local supermarkets are pretty well stocked and I have anyway enough food in the apartment to last a few days. The social isolation is not good psychologically but I've been without face-to-face social contacts for months before so I can handle it.

Personally not really that worried about much at the moment and I have to stay in Finland mostly anyway until end of July probably, but I'm going fucking pissed if the border lockdowns continue past August. But that's still 4.5 months away.. How 2020 is shaping up to be I wouldn't be surprised even if aliens invaded the Earth next.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, d-a-m-o said:

4th lockdown day here in France and some rumors about more restrictions because of course , lots of people don’t give a fuck and go outside like it’s nothing. It’s like suddenly everyone got a passion for running, whole family walking the dog 5 times a day, feel like I’m living in a South Park episode...

going outside on it's own is not a big deal though. as long as they're not partying in the streets and being in crowds. personally think it's fine if people go outside and walk. have some kind of normal life while in isolation. small things can help a lot to make this thing actually work. and the most important thing is to stop the big things. events, gatherings, crowds and all that.

having a walk is good for your health. it's best for people to keep doing some form of exercise. and even better to do that outside in the sun. catch some vitamin d time, so to speak.

but that's just me, i guess. i don't believe in the militaristic approach where essentially we're all in personal prisons for the next months. that's not going to work. and btw, that militaristic would necessitate people staying in their personal prisons until a vaccine becomes available. that could take a year, if we're able to develop one at world record pace. sorry, i just don't think that's a viable approach. until than we just need to be sure the healthcare system is not being overrun. if that can be achieved by allowing people to walk outside, by all means please do!

• Like 2