IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

1 hour ago, Alcofribas said:

I have a unique pair of shoes for each room in my apartment. For traveling between rooms I use a replica of the indoor train set from Silver Spoons television shows from 1980s. whenever I leave the apartment I use disposable shoes which I throw away before crossing the threshold into my abode, domicile. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Many people in conservative areas didn't freak out until Trump announced that Coronavirus was a pandemic , and I imagine they'll go back to "normal" if he decides to open everything up again... RIGHT WHEN THE PANDEMIC HITS ITS PEAK around easter... The eventual graph for the number of infected is gonna look like a mountain range if Trump opens things up, it stalls or gets better for a week before getting worse again due to people transmitting it again... then he is forced to close it again... the economy tanks some more.. he opens it up too early again... etc etc.

No one is gonna blame Trump for the recession if he chooses to keep it closed as he should, but if he reopens it, then yeah GG Trump.

Edited by Brisbot
  • Like 1
  • Burger 1

I think you dreamt about me... :catbed:

Spoiler

Yes there was 1 confirmed case and a few confined to their own cabins... The confirmed case left the ship on a hazard suite straight to the hospital, news are that he's recovering and gonna be alright... 

• Haha 1

Just now, Tim_J said:

I think you dreamt about me... :catbed:

Hide contents

Yes there was 1 confirmed case and a few confined to their own cabins... The confirmed case left the ship on a hazard suite straight to the hospital, news are that he's recovering and gonna be alright... 

I think I must have dreamt about it! I distinctly remember reading something along the lines of "4 or 6 confirmed cases now, goodbye watmm" etc. =/

Good news it is only one case so far and there were protocols to handle him. How much longer are you quarantined for, I feel like it's been a week or two but my sense of time is way off lately...

38 minutes ago, hijexx said:

Trump’s game now is to leave decisions about opening back up to each US state’s Governor. It’s a great way for him to avoid responsibility.

So "reopen" the economy but add a caveat where the Governor can decide what to do?

Maybe it's him avoiding responsibility, but I imagine the state Govs would do a better job than Trump is.

17 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

I think I must have dreamt about it! I distinctly remember reading something along the lines of "4 or 6 confirmed cases now, goodbye watmm" etc. =/

Good news it is only one case so far and there were protocols to handle him. How much longer are you quarantined for, I feel like it's been a week or two but my sense of time is way off lately...

But yes i did post about that confirmed case some pages ago... 

Well, honestly I'm also finding hard to keep track of the time that has passed but they stopped shore leave for crew and disembarked all the passengers like 3 weeks ago? But since the confirmed case, wich was like a few days ago, we need to be in quarantine for the next 15 days... 

Edit: passengers disembarked on the 16th and at that time the plan was to be quarantined to the ship until april 11th, occasionally going to Miami to get supplies...

Then the 1st confirmed case was one week after on the 23, so we'll be 15 days after that on OPP LEVEL 3, wich is not quite the same as being quarantined...

Quarantine means that we cannot go out of the ship while OPP LEVEL 3 means that we have to be constantly sanitizing the ship with 2 different chemicals and fog machines, and we cannot serve ourselves in the self-service restaurant to avoid touching all the tweezers and whatnot... 

Edited by Tim_J

15 minutes ago, Enthusiast said:

Are you getting paid at the moment Tim J? Without trying to be insensitive, it's hard to imagine the big cruise lines still being solvent in a month or two.

So, they decided to finish everybody's contracts yesterday, but still they're gonna pay us another whole month... 

And, they're letting us stay onboard until we decide we wanna go home or if the situation allows... 

Good deal, can't complain at all, free food, accommodation, medical and wifi... Basically paid vacation on the ship during one month... Let's see what happens next... I rather be here than confined in my house alone in Portugal, spending money without earning any... Honestly i feel privileged right now... 

Feel sorry for everybody who's going trough hard times now... :^(

Edited by Tim_J
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

So, they decided to finish everybody's contracts yesterday, but still they're gonna pay us another whole month... 

And, they're letting us stay onboard until we decide we wanna go home or if the situation allows... 

Good deal, can't complain at all, free food, accommodation, medical and wifi... Basically paid vacation on the ship during one month... Let's see what happens next... I rather be here than confined in my house alone in Portugal, spending money without earning any... Honestly i feel privileged right now... 

That sounds pretty good actually. Glad to hear it.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Damn, Slavoj is quite the capitalist. 

https://www.orbooks.com/catalog/pandemic/

watched some garden variety tv today and all the ads are already edited and have new voiceovers referencing the pandemic and quarintine etc. lot's of car commercials talking about special payment plans and 84 months of blah blah.. but even stuff like pest control company saying "you can't have pests in your house, especially now" in regards to their services. it's weird. adds a layer of surreal icing to everything. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 2