IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

I'm feeling better each day to be honest. Like coming back into myself ? I'm going to get signed off for a few weeks as of next week. 

Waves of pride and understanding coming back. Thanks everyone. This has really helped me a lot. 

Love to you all. 

• Like 2

Bill Gates is worried 'stupid' conspiracies will discourage acceptance of a coronavirus vaccine (Input Magazine)

Bill Gates has contributed more than $1.9 billion to fight COVID-19 and develop a vaccine, but he has more than science to contend with. A recent poll found that more than 44 percent of Republicans believe a conspiracy theory that says Gates created coronavirus in order to sell vaccines containing tracking chips to governments around the world.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 5

On 6/6/2020 at 6:45 PM, Psychotronic said:

(reposted in the other thread, posted it in the wrong place...)

show butt

• Thanks 1

just wanted to say i calculated the fractions of corona-related deaths among the entire populations of the US and france, so i could better visualize the proportions. these numbers are obviously approximate for various reasons: census populations from 2019, clandestines and other types of residents are obviously not counted, not all corona-related deaths are detected (supposedly) etc. 

i'm quite sure a few people who are way more competent than i have already calculated those numbers but at the end of the day this was an exercize in learning again how to calculate percentages and convert them to fractions. yeah i'm that bad at math

i should also mention that i'm not trying to politicize these numbers. do what you will with them

anyway here's what i got:

- so far, 1 out of 2857 died a corona-related death in the US

- 1 out of 2325 in france 

please keep in mind these are rough numbers. feel free to correct me if i made mistakes 

• Like 1

‘There is no emergency’: W.H. economic advisers shrug off feared ‘second wave’ of coronavirus (Politico)

Although Kudlow acknowledged Friday he is “not the health expert” within the administration, he said he had spoken with top public health officials “at some length” Thursday evening. “They are saying there is no second spike. Let me repeat that. There is no second spike,” he said.

114669 dead as per Johns Hopkins, and the curve shows no signs of levelling, experts estimate 200000 dead by September (NY Post).

In comparison, here in Finland we have 325 confirmed COVID-19 deaths and things are slowly opening up, with limitations, checks and balances, all confirmed infections are traced and possible contagions mapped.

Edited by dcom