IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

6 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

Which makes sense from their point of view because it doesn’t really affect them all that much.

Unfortunately  “stay indoors because if you don’t you will feel really bad for a couple of days and there’s a one in 20 chance you might kill your grandparents” isn’t such a strong public health message, really.

Or look at it this way, "stay indoors to make sure your elders won't end up having to sit alone in a nursing home for another 2-3 months without being able to get visits from any of their loved ones".
If you have any kind of decency and brain activity that's what you will do.

I just pulled the "old man yells at cloud"-card, didn't I?

Far out.

London had a thing y’day with these, as you stated, mostly middle aged types, screaming officialness, entitlement and plain narcissism at anyone who’d listen. We already had David Icke and Jeremy fucking Corbyn’s freak of a brother grandstanding previously.

Apart from the default “twats” thought reaction, it mirrors other counter lockdown protest which look like a Coronavirus Petri dish.

Complete gimp fest. I thought it was a UK thing with Brexit, but coronavirus has tapped into a rich, deeper seam of collective madness.

avgeVAr.jpeg

A few weeks ago in Finland they finally recommended to wear masks in public transport. Airplanes had mandatory mask policy before but that was just because of the IATA recommendation.

2 hours ago, zkom said:

avgeVAr.jpeg

A few weeks ago in Finland they finally recommended to wear masks in public transport. Airplanes had mandatory mask policy before but that was just because of the IATA recommendation.

Yeah, no masks here either. They're recommended on public transport, but most people don't give a shit.

22 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

CDC finally on board with scientific opinion that aerosol spreading can linger indoors for hours beyond a 6-foot distance:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cdc-says-coronavirus-spreads-mainly-034950288.html

White House removed the warning, CDC employees are saying Trump Administration has seized their website. 

Ugh. I went to see a friend in the North Beach neighborhood (read: tourist area) and was told we were going to chill in the park, but we sat at a restaurant instead. It was a terrifying experience, to be honest. Had I known what was going to happen, I wouldn't have gone.

11 minutes ago, Braintree said:

Ugh. I went to see a friend in the North Beach neighborhood (read: tourist area) and was told we were going to chill in the park, but we sat at a restaurant instead. It was a terrifying experience, to be honest. Had I known what was going to happen, I wouldn't have gone.

How should one respond to close friends that don’t have the same views on covid etc? I have friends, close friends, childhood friends that are good people in every other sense as far as I can tell but are dismissive about covid and want to go to bars, have get togethers and so on. 

I’ve been avoiding people for a while and friends just think I’m being flaky...

3 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

How should one respond to close friends that don’t have the same views on covid etc? I have friends, close friends, childhood friends that are good people in every other sense as far as I can tell but are dismissive about covid and want to go to bars, have get togethers and so on. 

I’ve been avoiding people for a while and friends just think I’m being flaky...

I just straight up tell them I'm not comfortable with it. Whatever the activity is. I wouldn't mind going to a bar in a chill neighborhood since they're all outside and never crowded.

North Beach is fucking insane though. Tons of people were crammed next to one another without masks. I hadn't been over there since January and don't plan on going back anytime soon.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Braintree said:

I just straight up tell them I'm not comfortable with it. Whatever the activity is. I wouldn't mind going to a bar in a chill neighborhood since they're all outside and never crowded.

North Beach is fucking insane though. Tons of people were crammed next to one another without masks. I hadn't been over there since January and don't plan on going back anytime soon.

Being direct is probably the best approach yeah. It’s pretty conservative around here. I guess if I take that approach and friends have a problem with it they aren’t really v good friends. 

• Like 1

The man just wants to eat, you can't really blame him.

And party, apparently I see bars are also supposed to go back to normal operation. Very cool. I hear Florida has one of the youngest populations in the world.

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1